Covina Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
Covina Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Motorcyclists in Covina love the feeling of openness and being one with the road that comes when riding. Unfortunately, these same qualities increase their injury risks. When motorcycle accidents happen, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. provides the trusted legal representation you need. We are dedicated to helping you get the maximum amount of compensation you are entitled to for your injuries.
Our Covina motorcycle accident attorneys have decades worth of experience representing clients in our area. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars in these cases. To discuss your options in filing a claim, contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a free consultation today.
Our Covina Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Help You Get Compensation For Your Injuries
Riding a motorcycle provides a fun, convenient, and cost-effective way to get around Covina and the greater Los Angeles County area. At the same time, motorcyclists need to be aware of the risks. According to the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), our county ranks third highest in the state when it comes to motorcycle accidents. These leave nearly 5,000 riders suffering serious and potentially life-threatening injuries each year.
At Harris Personal Injuries Lawyers, we help victims in these cases get the compensation they need to recover. Injuries suffered by clients our Covina motorcycle accident attorneys represent include:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as muscle or tendon strains, sprains, and tears;
- Broken bones and dislocated joints;
- Severe cuts and lacerations caused by broken glass and sharp metal;
- Road rash and burn injuries due to contact with hot engine parts or fluids;
- Back and neck injuries, such as whiplash and herniated discs;
- Head injuries, resulting in concussions and traumatic brain injuries (TBI);
- Spinal cord injuries, which can cause partial or complete paralysis.
Who Is To Blame For Motorcycle Accidents?
The Governors Highway Safety Association (GHSA) reports that California has one of the highest motorcycle accident rates in the country. While motorcyclists are responsible for obeying traffic regulations and taking safety precautions, most motorcycle accidents are due to the reckless actions of other motorists on the road.
As experienced Covina motorcycle accident attorneys, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers hold at-fault drivers accountable when you suffer serious injuries. Common factors in these cases include:
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions;
- Disregarding traffic signs and signals;
- Tailgating, improper passing, and other aggressive driving behaviors;
- Distracted driving, such as using cell phones, texting, or changing GPS settings;
- Drowsy driving and falling asleep behind the wheel;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, and medications.
The fact is that motorcyclists often do not get the same respect as drivers afford other motorists. This reckless disregard for their safety makes motorcycle accidents more likely. It also makes motorists liable for injuries you suffer as a result in a motorcycle accident claim.
How Can A Covina Motorcycle Accident Attorney Help Me?
Motorcycle accident injuries can take months or even years to heal. While you focus on your recovery, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers focuses on getting you the compensation you need to cover your medical costs, lost wages, and other expenses. As experienced Covina motorcycle accident attorneys, our legal team can take the actions needed to ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to. This includes:
- Thoroughly investigating the details surrounding your motorcycle accident;
- Gathering evidence from the scene, including police reports, witness statements, and nearby surveillance footage;
- Reviewing your injuries and obtaining statements from your doctor to determine your prognosis and any lingering disabilities you are likely to suffer;
- Aggressively negotiating with insurers on your behalf;
- Filing a motorcycle accident lawsuit, in the event a reasonable insurance settlement cannot be reached.
How Much Am I Entitled To In A Motorcycle Accident Claim?
Insurance claims only cover up to policy limits. If your injuries are severe or the at-fault driver was uninsured, your best course of action may be to file a personal injury lawsuit. While the exact amount you are entitled to depends on the specific circumstances in your case, compensation available under the California Civil Code includes:
- Economic damages, which cover the tangible costs associated with your motorcycle accident. This includes property damages and any current or future medical expenses and lost wages you are likely to incur.
- Non-economic damages, which cover intangible costs. This includes your pain and suffering as well as any loss of enjoyment in life you experience as a result of ongoing disabilities.
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the judge may order in your case. It is designed to punish at-fault drivers for actions that were particularly willful and negligent.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and Request A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are dedicated to getting you the maximum amount you are entitled to in your motorcycle accident claim. To request a free consultation to discuss your case, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Covina motorcycle attorneys online today.