Covina Wrongful Death Attorneys
Covina Wrongful Death Attorneys
Tragedy can strike unexpectedly. A single mishap or chance encounter with another can result in a serious accident, causing victims to suffer fatal injuries. For family members, the grief they experience is heartbreaking. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help them during the difficult recovery period. Our Covina wrongful death attorneys help you get justice for your loved one by holding the at-fault party accountable in a claim. Our top case results show settlements worth millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. We know that no amount of money can ease your suffering. However, we can help ensure you are provided for in a way your loved one would have wanted. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Covina Wrongful Death Attorneys Help Families Through Difficult Times
The tragic and accidental death of a family member is one of the most difficult situations you could ever face. Unfortunately, these types of tragic situations happen on a regular basis. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), accidental injuries are a leading cause of death, claiming the lives of nearly 200,000 people each year. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we represent surviving loved ones of these victims. As experienced Covina wrongful death attorneys, we help families deal with losses that result from the following:
- Motor vehicle accidents;
- Truck accidents;
- Motorcycle accidents;
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents;
- Accidents involving buses, trains, or Uber/Lyft drivers;
- Slip and fall accidents;
- Accidents in which victims are struck by or against objects;
- Fatal injuries caused by dangerous and defective products;
- Sports or recreational accidents;
- Other situations in which someone’s actions caused a wrongful death to occur.
What Are Common Causes of Wrongful Death In Covina?
While the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health lists the average life expectancy in Covina as being over 80 years old, accidental injuries can cut victims down in their prime. Anytime a loved one passes, it is difficult for family members. The fact that a loved one’s death could have been prevented makes cases involving wrongful death even more unbearable. As experienced Covina wrongful death attorneys, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers will investigate your case to determine how a fatal accident occurred and who is responsible. Common causes include:
- Reckless driving behaviors, such as speeding, running red lights, disregarding crosswalks, distracted driving, and driving under the influence.
- Negligence on the part of property owners, such as failing to warn visitors of potential dangers, not providing proper lighting, and not putting guardrails in place to protect people at heights.
- Negligence on the part of product manufacturers, due to design defects or failure to provide warnings or proper instructions.
- Inadequate safety policies on the part of companies, which fail to screen employees or protect those they serve, making wrongful death accidents more likely to happen.
How Can I Get Justice For My Loved One?
Under the California Code, you may be entitled to compensation if the reckless and negligent actions of another party were ultimately responsible for your loved one’s death. Depending on the situation, this may involve filing a claim through the at-fault party’s insurance policy. Unfortunately, insurance companies are notorious for either denying claims or for failing to provide the total amount of compensation victims deserve. In situations involving the death of a loved one, your best course of action is likely to file a wrongful death lawsuit against those involved. Those entitled to file this type of claim include:
- Spouses or domestic partners of the deceased;
- Their children, stepchildren, or legal wards;
- Their parents, grandparents, or other blood relatives;
- Their personal representative or others who would likely have inherited from their estate.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we find that filing a wrongful death claim provides a sense of justice for grieving family members while ensuring they are provided for in a way their loved one would have wanted.
How Much Will It Cost To Hire A Covina Wrongful Death Attorney?
As experienced Covina wrongful death attorneys, our legal team works on a contingency basis. This means that you pay no attorney’s fees unless we get money for you. In addition to coverage of your legal expenses, common types of compensation available in these cases include:
- Economic damages, which cover any outstanding medical expenses and lost income suffered as a result of your loved one’s death;
- Non-economic damages, which compensates you for the pain and suffering you endure;
- Punitive damages, which are an additional amount meant to punish the at-fault party involved.
To Schedule A Consultation, Reach Out and Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today
Harris Personal Injury Lawyers provides the compassionate support and professional legal representation you need when dealing with the aftermath of a devastating loss. To find out how we can help you get justice for your loved one, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Covina wrongful death attorneys online today.