Covina Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Covina Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Walking is a fun form of exercise and provides an easy way to navigate the downtown Covina area. At the same time, the amount of traffic on roads both locally and across Los Angeles County puts pedestrians at an increased risk. When pedestrian accidents happen and leave you suffering serious injuries, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. provides the aggressive legal representation you need. As experienced Covina pedestrian accident attorneys, we help hold at-fault drivers accountable so you can get the compensation you need to recover. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Covina Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Help You Get Compensation For Your Injuries
Pedestrian accidents are an unfortunately common occurrence in Los Angeles County. The California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) reports that in Covina alone, more than two dozen people suffer serious injuries in these crashes each year, Compared to other cities throughout the state, Covina ranks in the top third in terms of pedestrian accident risks. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we represent victims in these cases. Our Covina pedestrian accident attorneys are dedicated to getting you the maximum amount of compensation you need to recover. Common types of pedestrian accident injuries in cases we represent include:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as muscle or tendon sprains, strains, and tears;
- Broken bones and dislocated joints;
- Road rash and burns due to contact with hot engine oils or parts;
- Severe cuts and deep lacerations, resulting in permanent disfigurement;
- Crushing injuries, causing damage to internal organs;
- Back and neck injuries, including fractured vertebrae and damage to the spinal cord or column;
- Head injuries, resulting in concussions and traumatic brain injuries (TBI).
What Are Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents In Covina?
The City of Covina designed the downtown area to be pedestrian-friendly, with plenty of hobby shops, retail stores, and different eateries. Residents can easily walk to many of their favorite places but need to be alert for the large number of motorists that are likely to be on the road. Reckless driving behaviors on the part of these motorists are a leading cause of pedestrian accidents in Covina. When they occur, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers helps injured victims hold reckless drivers accountable. Common causes in cases our Covina pedestrian accident attorneys handle include:
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions;
- Running red lights and disregarding crosswalks or other traffic signals;
- Aggressive driving, such as failure to yield;
- Distracted driving, which includes texting, talking on cellphones, and changing GPS or car stereo settings;
- Driving under the influence, which may involve alcohol, marijuana, illegal ‘street’ drugs, or medications;
- Drowsy driving, which mimics the same effects as driving while intoxicated and increases the risk of falling asleep behind the wheel.
What Happens In Pedestrian Accidents Involving Hit and Run Drivers?
Drivers can be held accountable when their actions cause pedestrian accidents to occur, but what happens when a driver flees the scene? Hit and run pedestrian accidents are common and can often be attributed to drivers on suspended licenses or those attempting to evade law enforcement and warrants for their arrest. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team is dedicated to holding these drivers accountable for the medical costs, lost wages, and other damages you suffer. Steps our Covina pedestrian accidents can take on your behalf include:
- Working with local law enforcement to get the word out among the general public;
- Interviewing witnesses at the scene, who may be able to provide clues to the driver’s identity;
- Reviewing nearby surveillance videos, which can help identify the vehicle;
- Talking to local mechanic shops, where the hit and run driver may have gone for repairs.
What If A Driver In A Pedestrian Accident Is Uninsured?
When injuries due to pedestrian accidents happen, you may be entitled to compensation through the at-fault driver’s insurer. While the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) requires all drivers to maintain a minimum amount of coverage, there are plenty of people on the road who are uninsured. In these cases, our Covina pedestrian accident attorneys can guide you in filing a lawsuit against the driver. Damages you may be entitled to include:
- Coverage of both current and any future medical expenses you incur;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and future losses in income due to your injuries;
- Compensation for the pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment in life you experience;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount that may be awarded if the driver acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Schedule a Free Consultation Today
Harris Personal Injury Lawyers is dedicated to helping victims in pedestrian accident cases get the maximum amount of compensation they need to recover in a claim. To schedule a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Covina pedestrian accident attorneys online today.