Covina Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Covina Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Bicycling is a popular hobby and an inexpensive form of transportation for residents of Covina. While bike trails and pathways are generally safe, biking on busy city streets poses significant risks. Bicycle accidents are a common occurrence and can result in serious and potentially life-threatening injuries. When they happen, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. helps victims and their family members get the compensation they need to recover in a claim. You can count on our Covina bicycle accident attorneys to provide the compassionate client service and professional legal representation you need. Our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth hundreds of thousands of dollars for clients in similar cases. To get the compensation you are entitled to, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Common Causes of Bike Accidents In Cases Our Covina Bicycle Accident Attorneys Represent
According to statistics from the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), Covina ranks among the top areas in the state in terms of the number of bicycle accidents that occur each year. Crashes and collisions involving motor vehicles leave dozens of local bicyclists suffering severe injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are dedicated to helping victims in these cases get the compensation they deserve. As experienced Covina bicycle accident attorneys, we hold at-fault drivers accountable for reckless and negligent actions that cause these crashes to occur. Common causes of bicycle accidents in cases we represent include:
- Speeding and driving too fast for conditions;
- Running red lights, not stopping at crosswalks, or disregarding other traffic signals;
- Failing to check for bicyclists when making turns or opening car doors;
- Driving distracted, which includes talking on cell phones, texting, and changing GPS settings or car stereo stations;
- Aggressive driving behaviors, such as cutting off bicyclists or tailgating;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or medications.
How Can I Get Compensation For Bicycle Accident Injuries?
Bicyclists have little to protect them in collisions involving motor vehicles. Even if they are wearing a helmet and other safety gear, injuries they suffer have the potential to be severe. The American Academy Of Family Physicians (AAFP) reports that bicycle accident injuries result in more than 600,000 hospital admissions and emergency room visits each year. As Covina bicycle accident attorneys, common types of injuries suffered by clients in cases we handle include:
- Severe lacerations, burns, and road rash;
- Muscle or tendon sprains, strains, or tears and other soft tissue injuries;
- Broken bones and multiple fractures;
- Back and neck injuries, which can result in damage to the discs or spinal cord;
- Crushing injuries, resulting in internal bleeding and damage to body organs;
- Head injuries, including concussion, skull fractures, and traumatic brain injuries (TBI).
When these types of injuries occur, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers help you get the compensation you need to recover. We can guide you in filing a claim against the at-fault driver’s insurance policy for the medical costs, lost wages, and other expenses you incur.
What if The Driver Was Uninsured?
Under the California Vehicle Code, drivers can be held financially responsible for accidents in which they are to blame. While the state requires a mandatory minimum amount of car insurance coverage, there are still many on the road who do not have coverage in place. When your accident involves an uninsured driver or in cases where injuries you suffer are severe, our Covina bicycle accident attorneys can guide you in filing a personal injury lawsuit. Compensation you may be entitled to in this type of claim includes:
- Economic damages: These cover actual costs associated with your bike accident. They include your current medical expenses and lost wages as well as any future costs or losses in income you are likely to suffer.
- Non-economic damages: These cover intangible costs, which include the pain and suffering you endure as a result of your bike accident and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience.
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount the judge may order in cases where the at-fault driver acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
What If My Bicycle Accident Was A Hit and Run?
It is not uncommon for drivers to flee the scene in the aftermath of a bicycle accident, particularly if they are uninsured or do not have a valid driver’s license. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team takes the actions needed to hold hit and run drivers accountable.
- Launching our own thorough investigations;
- Working with local police to get the word out in the community;
- Interviewing witnesses from the scene and obtaining nearby surveillance footage;
- Visiting local mechanic shops, where the driver may have gone to have their car repaired.
Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
When bicycle accidents happen, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. acts as a strong advocate on your side, protecting your rights to compensation. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Covina bicycle accident attorneys online and request a free consultation to discuss your case today.