Covina Bus Accident Attorneys
Covina Bus Accident Attorneys
Bus service provides a convenient and inexpensive way to travel for Covina residents. However, if you rely on the bus for work, running errands, long trips, or simply to save on parking fees when visiting local attractions, it is important to be aware of the risks. Bus accidents happen in a variety of ways and can leave you with serious personal injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we represent victims in these cases, helping them get the compensation they need to recover. As experienced Covina bus accident attorneys, we hold those at fault accountable in a claim. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. When a bus accident happens, we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide the trusted legal guidance you need. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Get Aggressive Legal Representation From Our Covina Bus Accident Attorneys
Foothill Transit and Metrolink buses provide regular routes to destinations in Covina and throughout Los Angeles County. For longer trips, Greyhound is a popular option. While these offer a convenient and cost-effective form of transportation, the idea that taking a bus is safer than driving is a myth. Bus accidents happen on an alarmingly regular basis in our area. Injuries you suffer in even a minor mishap can result in mountains of medical debts and potentially permanent disabilities. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are dedicated to getting you the compensation you need to cover doctor expenses, lost wages, and other costs you incur as a result. Our Covina bus accident attorneys do this by helping you hold those accountable in a claim. This may include:
- Bus drivers, whose lack of experience or reckless driving behaviors often cause crashes and collisions to occur;
- Bus station attendants and other employees, who fail to attend to dangerous conditions that put you at risk;
- Bus companies, in cases where negligent practices or policies contribute to bus accidents;
- Other passengers or drivers, in situations where their reckless actions leave you with personal injuries.
How Do Bus Accidents In Covina Happen?
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) reports that nearly 70,000 bus accidents happen across the country each year, with California having one of the highest incident rates. While many of these are major accidents that tend to make headlines, other types of mishaps occur regularly and often go unreported. These can still leave you with serious and potentially debilitating personal injuries. When you suffer any type of injury while taking the bus, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers acts as a strong legal advocate on your side. Common ways bus accidents happen in cases we represent include:
- Major crashes and collisions involving buses and other vehicles or fixed objects;
- Slip and fall accidents that occur while getting on or off the bus;
- On board incidents, such as getting thrown from your seat, being struck by objects, or altercations with other passengers or the bus driver;
- Passenger, pedestrian, and bicycle accidents that happen at bus stops and stations.
How Can A Covina Bus Accident Attorney Help Me?
Under Section 1714 of the California Code, everyone is responsible not only for actions that result in injuries to others but for failing to take actions that could have prevented them from occurring. When the negligence of bus drivers, bus companies, or others involved is responsible for bus accident injuries you suffer, you have the right to hold them accountable in a claim. Our experienced Covina truck accident attorneys provide the trusted guidance and professional legal representation you need in this situation. While you focus on your recovery, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers focuses on getting you the maximum amount you are entitled to in your claim. Steps our legal team can take on your behalf include:
- Conducting a thorough investigation into your bus accident;
- Reviewing police reports, getting statements from witnesses, and gathering other types of evidence, such as surveillance videos;
- Obtaining medical records and statements from your doctor to determine the extent of your injuries and your prognosis for recovery;
- Aggressively negotiating with insurance companies representing the bus driver, the bus company, or others involved on your behalf;
- Filing a civil suit against those at fault in the event a reasonable settlement cannot be reached.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we typically represent clients in bus accidents on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Schedule A Free Consultation Today
Injuries you suffer as a result of bus accidents can impact your health and financial security for years to come. You have only one chance to get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. To ensure you get the maximum amount, get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. on your side. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Covina bus accident attorneys online to schedule a free consultation today.