Covina Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Covina Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Uber and Lyft provide a convenient and cost-efficient alternative to using your own vehicle when traveling in Covina or throughout the Los Angeles County area. However, if you rely on ride-sharing regularly, it is important to be aware of the risks. Uber and Lyft accidents have become increasingly common. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. helps victims in these cases get the compensation they need to recover in a claim. Our experienced Covina Uber and Lyft accident attorneys provide aggressive legal representation, holding drivers and ride-sharing companies accountable for injuries you suffer. With decades worth of combined experience and top case results showing settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars, you can trust us to help you get the maximum amount you deserve. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Cases Our Covina Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys Represent
For the past decade, ride-sharing services such as Uber and Lyft have been hailed for helping to reduce traffic congestion and for keeping drunk drivers off the road. Based on changes in crash statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), new studies cast doubt on their safety. Ride-sharing services are now being blamed for a steady increase in motor vehicle accidents. As experienced Covina Uber and Lyft accident attorneys, we represent clients injured in these crashes on a regular basis. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our goal is to ensure they get the compensation they need to recover. Common types of cases we handle include:
- Crashes involving Uber or Lyft drivers and other motorists;
- Single vehicle accidents, where a ride-sharing driver collides with telephone poles, building, curbs, or other objects;
- Incidents that occur during your trip, such as sudden stops that throw you from your seat;
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents involving Uber or Lyft;
- Assault and other acts of violence committed by Uber or Lyft drivers.
Who Is Responsible For An Uber or Lyft Accident?
When an Uber or Lyft accident happens, those responsible can be held accountable in a claim. How do you determine who that is? At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Covina Uber and Lyft accident conduct a thorough investigation into your case. Depending on the situation, one of the following is often to blame:
- Uber or Lyft drivers: Drivers who engage in reckless behavior, such as speeding, running red lights, distracted driving, or driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, put their passengers at risk.
- Other motorists on the road: The reckless actions of other motorists often play a contributing role in ride-sharing accidents.
- Ride-sharing companies: Driving requirements for Uber and Lyft are minimal, but companies do have an obligation to monitor their employees and to take actions if they suspect they put others in danger.
How Can I Get Compensation For Uber and Lyft Accident Injuries?
Both Uber and Lyft both promote the million-dollar insurance policies they have in place to cover drivers. Unfortunately, when injured passengers attempt to seek compensation in the aftermath of an Uber or Lyft accident, they are often surprised to find their claims denied or downplayed. Among the most common reasons include:
- Disputes over whether the driver, the ride-sharing company, or others involved are liable;
- Disputes over your injuries or other damages you suffer;
- Disputes over the severity of your condition and the amount you need to recover.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Covina Uber and Lyft accident attorneys provide the aggressive legal representation you need in this situation. We deal with ride-sharing companies and their insurers on your behalf, fighting to ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to. In the event a reasonable settlement cannot be reached, we will not hesitate to take these companies to court.
How Much Am I Entitled To In An Uber or Lyft Accident Claim?
While each case is different, our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers will thoroughly review all aspects of your case. This includes statements from your doctor to determine the exact extent of your injuries and your prognosis for recovery. The following are among the different types of compensation you may be entitled to:
- Economic damages, which cover actual costs associated with your accident. This includes current medical expenses and lost wages, as well as any future losses you are likely to incur.
- Non-economic damages, which cover intangible costs. This includes the pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life your injuries result in.
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the judge may order in cases where the ride-sharing driver or the company they work for acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
To Schedule A Free Consultation, Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today
Uber and Lyft have teams of attorneys on their side, ready to defend them against claims. Get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on yours. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To schedule a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Covina Uber and Lyft accident attorneys online today.