Covina Truck Accident Attorneys
Covina Truck Accident Attorneys
Truck accidents in Los Angeles County occur on a regular basis. Given our location between four major state routes and interstates, residents of Covina are at an increased risk. The massive height and weight of most semi-trucks, tractor-trailers, and other big rigs offer truck drivers some protection. In the majority of cases, it is other motorists on the road who suffer the most severe injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we provide the aggressive legal representation truck accident victims need to get the compensation they deserve. As experienced Covina truck accident attorneys, our top case results show a proven track record of success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. To find out how we can help in your case, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation.
Common Types of Cases Our Covina Truck Accident Attorneys Represent
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) reports that California has one of the highest truck accident rates in the country. Only 22 miles east of Los Angeles and bordered by the I-10 and I-210, Covina serves as a hub for the industry. Truck driving schools and trucking companies dot the landscape, making tractor-trailers, 18-wheelers, and other big rigs a regular sight on local roads. As a result, residents face significant dangers when it comes to truck accidents and injuries. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers helps victims injured in truck accidents get the compensation they need to recover in a claim. Common types of cases our Covina truck accident attorneys represent include:
- Rollover truck accidents: These are common at turns or curves in the road;
- Jackknife truck accidents: These happen due to sudden stops, causing the truck trailer to ride up alongside the cab at a 90-degree angle;
- Rear-end collisions: These occur when a trucker strikes another motorist from behind.
- Underride truck accidents: These occur when motorists rear-end a truck and get caught underneath the trailer;
- T-bone truck accidents: These often happen at crossroads, when a truck slams directly into the side of another vehicle;
- Head-on collisions: One of the most deadly types of truck accidents, these are common on one-way streets, interstates, and at highway exit and entrance ramps.
How Do Truck Accidents Happen?
Truck accidents are complex events. Heavy traffic, poor road conditions, and adverse weather can all combine to make them more likely to occur. However, these are only contributing factors. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that the actual cause of truck accidents is generally negligence on the part of the truck driver or the trucking company involved. As experienced Covina truck accident attorneys, we investigate the circumstances surrounding your injuries to determine who can be held responsible in a claim. Among the most common causes in cases Harris Personal Injury Lawyers represent include:
- Driver inexperience, which makes them more likely to make dangerous mistakes while behind the wheel;
- Reckless driving behaviors, such as speeding, not obeying traffic signs or signals, aggressive driving, and driving while distracted or under the influence;
- Improper loading practices, which makes truck rollover accidents more likely to happen;
- Lack of routine truck maintenance, which can cause tire blowouts, brake failures, and other dangerous malfunctions;
- Trucking company policies, which often involve failure to properly vet drivers, over scheduling, and not allowing for adequate breaks while on the road.
What Are My Options In Filing A Claim For Truck Accident Injuries?
The California Department of Transportation (DOT) sets a maximum weight limit for trucks at 80,000 pounds. Considering the massive size and bulk of these vehicles, it is other motorists on the road who often suffer the most severe injuries when a truck accident in Covina happens. Multiple fractures, crushing injuries, and those impacting the back, neck, head, or spinal cord are all common. These can require ongoing medical care for years to come while leaving you with permanent disabilities. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team is dedicated to getting you the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. Your options include:
- Filing an insurance claim against the driver or the trucking company involved. Insurance policies the driver or the company they work for have in place may cover some of your damages. Unfortunately, as these companies are for-profit businesses, it is not uncommon for them to either deny or downplay claims.
- Filing a lawsuit against the driver and/or the company they work for. Filing a personal injury lawsuit can entitle you to additional amounts not available in an insurance claim. Along with your current and future medical costs and lost wages, you may be entitled to additional amounts for the pain and suffering your truck accident caused.
To Request A Free Consultation, Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we fight to ensure you get the maximum amount you need to recover from truck accident injuries. To request a free consultation regarding your options, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Covina truck accident attorneys online today.