Covina Train Accident Attorneys
Covina Train Accident Attorneys
On a typical day, the Covina train station bustles with activity. Locals rely on the train as a way to travel both for business and pleasure. Few are aware of the risks they face in regards to train accidents and mishaps that occur onboard or during the boarding process. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help victims in these cases get the compensation they are entitled to. As experienced Covina train accident attorneys, we provide the aggressive legal representation you need to protect your rights when dealing with train companies and their insurers. Our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars in similar cases. To find out how we can help you, contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Common Types of Cases Our Covina Train Accident Attorneys Represent
The Covina MetroLink station provides local train service for passengers while nearby Amtrak stations take people to destinations throughout the state. While most consider it a relatively safe and reliable form of travel, the fact is that train accidents occur on a daily basis. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help clients who are injured in these cases. As experienced Covina train accident attorneys, our goal is to ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to for injuries you suffer. While you focus on your recovery, we deal with the train company and their insurance representatives. Common types of cases we represent include:
- Train crashes involving other trains, fixed objects, or vehicles on the tracks;
- Train derailments and train platform accidents;
- Onboard incidents, such as falls or getting struck by objects during your trip;
- Injuries that occur during boarding or when disembarking the train.
What Causes Train Accidents?
The Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) reports that California has one of the highest rates for train accidents in the country. Nearly 200 crashes occur each year, in addition to onboard incidents that often go unreported. Among the most common causes of train accidents include:
- Human errors, which includes recklessness on the part of engineers, train staff, or station attendants;
- Signaling and communications errors, which can occur due to distractions or improper training of train company employees;
- Mechanical failures, which are often caused by faulty parts or improper maintenance;
- Train track and structural issues, which are often due to negligence on the part of the train company or contractors who work for them.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we hold those at fault for train accidents accountable. Our Covina train accident attorneys will thoroughly investigate your case, uncovering negligence on the part of the train company and engineers, stewards, signal operators, or other employees involved.
How Do I File A Train Accident Claim?
Anytime a train accident happens, you need to report it immediately to the steward and the police or security personnel so that an incident report can be filed. This is true both when a major train crash happens or when passengers suffer onboard injuries. Once a report is filed, you will likely be contacted by the train company and their insurers within a matter of days. Before making any statements that can be used against you, speak with our Covina train accident attorney first. Train companies have teams of attorneys working on their side to defend them against claims. Get our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers working on yours. Steps we can take on your behalf include:
- Conducting our own investigations, which includes consulting with train accident experts;
- Obtaining witness statements and other evidence from the scene;
- Obtaining medical records and statements from your doctor to determine the extent of your injuries and your prognosis for recovery;
- Aggressively negotiating with the train company and their insurers, making sure any settlements are in your best interests.
How Much Is My Train Accident Claim Worth?
The exact amount you are entitled to will vary depending on the circumstances in your case. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are dedicated to getting you the maximum amount you deserve. This may mean filing a personal injury lawsuit. Under the California Code, damages available include:
- Economic damages, which cover current medical costs and lost wages, as well as future medical care or losses in earnings due to your injuries.
- Non-economic damages, which cover your pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment in life you experience;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount meant to punish the train company or their employees for conduct that was particularly willful or negligent.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we represent train accident victims on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. To discuss your rights in filing a claim, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Covina train accident attorneys online to request a free consultation today.