Covina Brain Injury Attorneys
Covina Brain Injury Attorneys
Brain injuries are among the most common types of accidental injuries. They can impact victims of all ages and are a leading cause of death and disabilities. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we act as a strong legal ally on the side of brain injury victims, helping them get the compensation they need to recover in a claim. When brain injuries impact you or those you love, our experienced Covina brain injury attorneys investigate the causes and determine who can be held accountable. Our top case results reveal settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. To get our team working on your side, reach out and contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a free consultation today.
Our Covina Brain Injury Attorneys Are Here To Help You Recover
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) classifies brain injuries as a major public health issue, one that impacts close to three million people each year. Accidental injuries are a leading cause. Any type of bump, blow, or sudden jolt of the head can disrupt neural pathways, impacting the brain’s normal functioning processes. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers help victims of brain injuries in Covina get the compensation they are entitled to in a claim. We know the vital role this can play in your overall recovery. Common causes of brain injuries in cases handled by our Covina brain injury attorneys include:
- Motor vehicle accidents;
- Motorcycle accidents;
- Truck accidents;
- Bicyclist and pedestrian accidents;
- Bus accidents;
- Train accidents;
- Accidents involving Uber and Lyft drivers;
- Premises liability accidents, such as slips and falls or getting struck by and against objects in public places;
- Sports and recreational accidents;
- On the job accidents;
- Cases involving domestic abuse and other acts of violence.
What Impacts Result From Brain Injury?
Symptoms of brain injuries may be subtle at first but the complications that result can be severe. Whenever any type of bump or blow to the head occurs, it is important to seek treatment immediately to prevent potentially life-threatening complications. Initial impacts you are likely to suffer include headaches, dizziness, loss of balance, and lack of memory about your accident or how it occurred. The CDC warns that long term impacts from even a relatively minor brain injury may include:
- Impaired cognitive functions, which can impact your judgment and reasoning skills;
- Impaired ability to communicate, which can impact your ability to form words, convey your thoughts, or understand what others are saying;
- Sensory impairments, such as the blurred vision, ringing in the ears, or hearing loss;
- Physical impairments, which can impact your ability to walk and other bodily functions.
People with brain injuries often experience personality changes as well and are more prone to depression, anxiety, and fits of rage. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we encourage clients with brain injuries to get the help they need. While our Covina brain injury attorneys work to get you the compensation you need to recover in a claim, the Brain Injury Association of California (BIACAL) can offer referrals to support services available throughout the area.
What Are My Rights In Filing A Brain Injury Claim?
Accidents resulting in brain injuries typically occur due to the reckless and negligent actions of others involved. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can advise you on your rights in filing an insurance claim. If a policy is unavailable or your injuries are severe, our legal team can guide you in filing a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault party. Compensation you may be entitled to includes:
- Economic damages: These cover your actual costs. They include your current medical expenses and lost wages, as well as any future treatment costs or losses in earnings you suffer due to ongoing disabilities.
- Non-economic damages: These cover the pain and suffering your accident or injuries result in. This also compensates you for the loss of enjoyment in life you experience as a result of your impairments.
- Exemplary or punitive damages: Under the California Civil Code, the judge may order exemplary or punitive damages. This is an additional amount meant to punish the at-fault party for actions that were particularly willful and negligent.
As experienced Covina brain injury attorneys, we can take the legal actions needed in your case while gathering evidence to support your claim. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers typically represents clients with brain injuries on a contingency basis. This means there are no attorney fees unless we get money for you.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Schedule A Free Consultation With Our Covina Brain Injury Attorneys
When accidents happen that result in brain injuries, it is important to realize you have only one chance to get the compensation you need to cover your medical expenses, lost wages, and other costs. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers provides the trusted legal guidance you need. To discuss your options and how we can help, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Covina brain injury attorneys online to schedule a free consultation today.