Huntington Beach Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Huntington Beach Bicycle Accident Attorneys
For people in Huntington Beach, bicycling offers an environmentally-friendly form of transportation and a fun way to stay physically fit. When enjoying a ride along the beach or traveling around town, it is easy to forget the risks. Bicycle accidents are a common problem in our area and can leave you suffering serious and potentially life-threatening injuries. When bike accidents impact you or those you love, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. helps you hold those at-fault accountable.
As experienced Huntington Beach bicycle accident attorneys, we provide trusted legal guidance you can count on to get the compensation you need to recover. With decades worth of combined experience representing clients in our community, our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a free consultation today.
Aggressive Legal Representation From Our Huntington Beach Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Bicycling in Huntington Beach is a popular hobby for people of all ages. In addition to a 10 mile paved beach path, there are bike lanes residents can use for running errands or traveling to and from work. These are designed to protect the safety of riders, but it does not keep bicycle accidents from happening.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide aggressive legal representation for bicycle accident victims. Our experienced Huntington Beach bicycle accident attorneys know that it is generally other motorists on the road who are to blame. We help you get the compensation you are entitled to when injuries occur as a result of reckless driving behaviors of others, such as:
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions;
- Failure to stop for red lights and disregarding other traffic signs or signals;
- Tailgating, failure to yield, and other types of aggressive driving behaviors;
- Distracted driving, in which drivers engage in making calls, texting, or other activities while behind the wheel;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or medications.
How Do I Get Compensation For Bicycle Accident Injuries?
The California Office of Traffic Statistics (OTS) reports that more than 100 people are injured each year as a result of bicycle accidents in Huntington Beach. This ranks us second in the state in terms of bike accident risks. Injuries suffered in these accidents have the tendency to be severe. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we protect the rights of victims in seeking compensation for the following types of injuries:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as muscle or tendon strains, sprains, and tears;
- Broken bones and dislocated joints;
- Road rash and burns;
- Crushing injuries, which can result in internal bleeding and loss of limbs;
- Back and neck injuries, including damage to discs, vertebrae, or the spinal cord;
- Head injuries, resulting in skull fractures, concussion, and traumatic brain injuries (TBI).
When these impact you or a loved one, our Huntington Beach bicycle accident attorneys help you get compensation. This may be through a claim filed against the at-fault driver’s insurer or through a lawsuit filed in the Orange County Civil Courts.
How Much Am I Entitled To In A Bicycle Accident Claim?
Even seemingly minor bike accident injuries can impact your health and financial security for years to come. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are dedicated to ensuring you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in your claim. While each case is different, common types of compensation available under the California Civil Code include:
- Economic damages: These cover your actual costs. This includes your current medical expenses and lost wages as well as any future expenses you are likely to incur;
- Non-economic damages: These cover intangible costs, such as pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment in life your bike accident injuries result in.
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount which may be ordered in cases where the at-fault driver acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
What If My Bike Accident Involves A Hit and Run Driver
Panic over having caused an accident, concerns over outstanding legal issues, and the selfish desire to evade responsibility can all cause drivers to flee the scene of a bicycle accident. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team can help ensure these drivers are held accountable. Actions our Huntington Beach bicycle accident attorneys can take include;
- Obtaining police reports and witness statements in an effort to identify the driver;
- Obtaining footage from nearby stores and traffic signals, which can help provide a description of the vehicle;
- Soliciting tips from the general public;
- Speaking to local mechanic shops, where the hit and run driver may have taken their vehicle for repairs.
Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
When bicycle accidents happen, you can count on Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. to take the actions needed to get you compensation in a claim. To find out how we can help in your case, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Huntington Beach bicycle accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.