Huntington Beach Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Huntington Beach Truck Accident Attorneys
With our close proximity to Interstate 405, semi-trucks, tractor trailers, and other types of big rigs pass through Huntington Beach on a regular basis. Accidents involving trucks often end up impacting other motorists. When they do, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. are here to help you get the compensation you need to recover in a claim.
Our experienced Huntington Beach truck accident attorneys provide the aggressive legal reputation you need when dealing with trucking companies and their insurers. With decades worth of combined experience representing clients in our community, our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Get Our Huntington Beach Truck Accident Attorneys On Your Side
According to statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), truck accidents comprise close to ten percent of all crashes and collisions that occur in California each year. More than 300 truckers in the state are involved in fatal crashes annually while thousands of other truck accidents result in serious injuries. Considering the large size and bulk of most big rigs, it is often drivers in other vehicles who suffer the most serious harm.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the trusted legal guidance you need when truck accidents happen. While you focus on your recovery, we focus on getting you the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. Truck drivers and the companies they work for have teams of attorneys on their side. Get our Huntington Beach truck accident attorneys on yours. Common types of truck accident cases we represent include:
- Rear-end collisions, in which a truck driver strikes your vehicle from behind;
- Underride truck accidents, in which you crash into a truck driver and go completely under their rig;
- Sideswipe truck accidents, which typically happen when passing on multi-lane roads;
- Rollover accidents, which can happen when a truck is making a turn or going around curves in the road;
- Jackknife truck accidents, in which sudden stops cause a truck trailer to ride up alongside the cab;
- T-bone accidents, in which a truck hits directly into the side of your vehicle;
- Head-on collisions, which often happen at highway entrance or exit ramps or when a truck is going in the wrong direction on one-way roads.
What Are The Most Common Causes of Truck Accidents?
Tractor-trailers, 18-wheelers, and other large trucks are massive machines that can easily weigh up to 80,000 pounds. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), when truck accidents occur, there are often numerous factors to blame.
As experienced Huntington Beach truck accident attorneys, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can conduct a thorough investigation into your case to determine what happened and who is ultimately responsible. Among the most common causes include:
- Reckless driving: Speeding, disregarding traffic signals, distracted driving, and driving under the influence are a common cause of truck accidents.
- Lack of training or experience: Without proper training and experience, drivers can easily lose control of their truck;
- Poor cargo loading practices: Over loading cargo or not distributing the weight evenly is a leading cause of rollover truck accidents;
- Lack of truck maintenance: Tire blowouts, brake failures, and engine malfunctions all make truck accidents more likely to happen;
- Reckless trucking company policies: Over scheduling, not providing proper breaks, and failure to vet drivers or not punishing them for traffic violations are common contributing factors in truck accidents.
What Compensation Am I Entitled To For Truck Accident Injuries?
Truck accidents in Huntington Beach can leave you and your passengers suffering injuries that are serious and potentially life-threatening. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team is dedicated to helping you get the compensation you need to recover in a claim.
Depending on the situation, insurance policies the truck driver or the company they work for have in place may be able to reimburse you for some of your losses. We can negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf to ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to. If a reasonable settlement cannot be reached or your injuries are severe, we can guide you in filing a lawsuit against those responsible. Under the California Code, compensation you may be entitled to includes:
- Coverage of current medical expenses and any future costs you are likely to incur;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and future losses in income due to lingering disabilities;
- Compensation for the pain and suffering your accident or injuries cause;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the judge may order to punish the truck driver or trucking company for particularly willful and negligent conduct.
To Request A Free Consultation, Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today
Truck accident injuries can impact your health and financial security for years into the future. Let Harris Personal Injury Lawyers help you get the compensation you deserve. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Huntington Beach truck accident attorneys online today.