Huntington Beach Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Huntington Beach Wrongful Death Attorneys
When accidental injuries happen, victims do not always recover. For surviving family members and friends, the fact that a loved one’s death could have been prevented compounds the grief they are already experiencing. Taking action to hold those responsible helps to provide a sense of justice. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we provide the aggressive legal representation you need in filing a wrongful death claim.
With decades worth of combined experience serving families in the local community, our Huntington Beach wrongful death attorneys act as a strong legal advocate on your side. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars in wrongful death cases. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Huntington Beach Wrongful Death Attorneys Are Here To Help You
According to the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), accidental injuries are the third leading cause of death in the U.S., claiming the lives of nearly 200,000 people each year. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the trusted legal guidance families need in this situation. Our Huntington Beach wrongful death attorneys help you hold those at fault accountable when fatal injuries occur as a result of the following:
- Car accidents;
- Motorcycle accidents;
- Accidents involving bicyclists and pedestrians;
- Truck accidents;
- Public transportation accidents;
- Slip and fall accidents;
- Accidents in which victims get struck by or against objects;
- Accidental drownings;
- Fires and situations involving fatal burn injuries;
- Fatal accidents due to dangerous or defective products;
- Construction site accidents.
How Does A Wrongful Death Occur?
When a wrongful death occurs, the reckless and negligent behaviors of others involved is often to blame. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Huntington Beach wrongful death attorneys can conduct a thorough investigation into your case to determine exactly what happened and who can be held accountable. Common causes of wrongful death in cases we represent include:
- Reckless driving behaviors: Motor vehicle accidents are one of the leading causes of wrongful death. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) warns that speeding, disregarding traffic signs or signals, driving distracted, and driving under the influence are often to blame.
- Reckless company policies: Commercial trucking companies and public transit providers jeopardize public safety when they push drivers to adhere to overly demanding schedules, do not take care of vehicles in their fleet, or otherwise fail to have the proper policies in place.
- Negligence on the part of property owners: Fatal accidents can happen when property owners and managers do not attend to routine maintenance or repairs, fail to warn visitors of potential dangers, or otherwise disregard standard safety precautions.
- Negligence on the part of product or parts manufacturers: Manufacturers and distributors can be held accountable when fatal injuries occur due to dangerous and defective products.
How Do I File A Wrongful Death Claim?
When the reckless actions of others result in fatal injuries, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers help the victim’s survivors seek justice through a wrongful death lawsuit. Under Section 377.60 of the California Code, those entitled to file a wrongful death claim include:
- The victim’s spouse or domestic partner;
- Their parents or legal guardians;
- Their children or step-children;
- Other blood relatives, such as siblings or grandparents;
- Personal representatives or others entitled to inherit from their estate.
As experienced Huntington Beach wrongful death attorneys, we can guide you in the actions needed in initiating this type of claim. We thoroughly investigate your case, gather evidence, and file the appropriate legal documents with the Orange County Civil Court.
How Much Is My Wrongful Death Claim Worth?
Our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers is dedicated to getting you the maximum amount you are entitled to in your wrongful death claim. Our Huntington Beach wrongful death attorneys generally work on a contingency basis, meaning you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. Compensation available through a wrongful death lawsuit includes:
- Coverage of outstanding medical bills and funeral expenses;
- Reimbursement for losses in income and future lost earnings due to your loved one’s death;
- Compensation for the pain and suffering your loved one’s death caused, as well as the loss of companionship and enjoyment in life you experience as a result.
You may also be entitled to punitive damages in a wrongful death claim. This is an additional amount the judge may order to punish those at fault for particularly willful and negligent conduct.
To Request a Free Consultation, Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we know that no amount of money can bring back your loved one. Our goal is to help you get a sense of justice while ensuring you are provided for in a way they would have wanted. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Huntington Beach wrongful death attorneys online today.