Huntington Beach Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Huntington Beach Bus Accident Attorneys
Local bus service provides an easy way to travel for people in Huntington Beach and the surrounding areas. However, few passengers are aware of the risks when it comes to bus accidents and injuries. Crashes and collisions happen on a regular basis. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help victims get the compensation they need to recover.
Our Huntington Beach bus accident attorneys have decades worth of experience representing people throughout the local community. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, we protect your rights in filing a claim. Our top case results reveal settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. To find out how we can help you, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Common Types of Cases Our Huntington Beach Bus Accident Attorneys Represent
The Orange County Transit Authority (OCTA) offers roughly 60 routes and more than 5,400 bus stops. These serve close to 40 million people in Huntington Beach and the surrounding areas each year. Between the amount of service the OCTA provides as well as that of other carriers such as Greyhound, bus accidents happen on a regular basis.
Even a relatively minor incident that happens while taking the bus can leave you suffering serious injuries. The impacts of major bus crashes can be catastrophic. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers helps victims get the compensation they need to recover in a claim. Common types of cases our Huntington Beach bus accident attorneys represent include:
- Bus crashes involving collisions with fixed objects or other motorists;
- Onboard incidents, such as falls and getting struck by or against objects;
- Accidents that happen during the boarding process;
- Bus accidents involving pedestrians and bicyclists.
Why Do Bus Accidents Happen?
According to statistics from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), more than 300 bus accidents occur each year. With little in the way of onboard protections, passengers and others nearby can suffer serious and potentially life-threatening personal injuries.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we investigate bus accidents to determine why they happened and who can be held accountable. Among the leading causes in cases our Huntington Beach bus accident attorneys handle include:
- Reckless driving behavior: Speeding, disregarding traffic signals, distracted driving, and driving under the influence are common factors in bus accidents.
- Lack of proper training: It takes knowledge, skill, and experience to navigate a bus safely. Drivers who lack the proper training put passengers at risk.
- Improper bus maintenance: Improperly inflated tires, brake failures, and engine problems all make bus accidents more likely to happen.
- Bus company practices: Bus company practices can contribute to bus accidents. This includes failing to properly vet drivers, failing to punish them for traffic infractions, and requiring overly demanding schedules.
What Should I Do If I Am Involved In A Bus Accident?
When any type of bus crash, bus stop accident, or onboard mishap happens, there are steps you need to take to protect yourself and your rights in filing a claim. As experienced Huntington Beach bus accident attorneys, we recommend the following:
- Report the incident to the police so that an accident report can be filed.
- Make note of the driver’s name and the route number, as well as the exact place and time of the accident;
- Get the names of any witnesses who may be at the scene;
- Seek medical attention for your injuries, regardless of the severity of your symptoms;
- Follow all of your doctor’s instructions regarding follow up care and activity restrictions;
- Speak to our legal team before making any statements to insurers or accepting any settlements.
How Can I Get Compensation For My Bus Accident Injuries?
When a bus accident happens due to the reckless and negligent actions of the driver or the company they work for, you are entitled to compensation in a claim. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we can aggressively negotiate with the bus company and their insurers on your behalf to ensure you get the maximum amount of compensation you deserve.
If a settlement cannot be reached or your injuries are severe, our Huntington Beach bus accident attorneys can assist you in filing a lawsuit through the Orange County Civil Courts. Compensation available in this type of claim includes:
- Reimbursement of current medical expenses and coverage of any future treatment costs you incur;
- Compensation for lost wages and any future losses in income due to ongoing disabilities;
- Compensation for the pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment in life your accident or injuries result in.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Consultation Today
While bus accident injuries can impact you for years into the future, you have only one chance to get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. Get the legal guidance you need from Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Huntington Beach bus accident attorneys online and request a consultation today.