Huntington Beach Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Huntington Beach Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Companies such as Uber and Lyft offer a cost-effective option to driving your own vehicle or renting a car. While relying on these services may also help reduce the risks of drunk driving accidents, it is important to recognize that Uber and Lyft drivers are just as likely to make dangerous mistakes as anyone else on the road. When you suffer potentially serious injuries as a result, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. helps you get the compensation you are entitled to.
As experienced Huntington Beach Uber and Lyft accident attorneys, we provide the aggressive legal representation you need in filing a claim against these drivers and the companies they work for. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today.
Cases Our Huntington Beach Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys Represent
Uber and Lyft are among the most popular of the different types of transportation options available in Huntington Beach. Ride-sharing services were originally credited with helping to decrease car accidents, particularly those involving drunk drivers. Today, there are increasing concerns over ride-sharing safety as the number of Uber and Lyft accidents steadily climbs.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help people who suffer injuries in these accidents get the compensation they need to cover their medical costs, lost wages, and other expenses. Common types of cases our Uber and Lyft accident attorneys represent include:
- Single vehicle Uber and Lyft accidents, where drivers collide with curbs, parked cars, guardrails, or other stationary objects;
- Crashes involving Uber or Lyft drivers and other motorists;
- Injuries that occur during your trip as a result of sudden stops, jolts, or other actions on the part of the driver;
- Uber and Lyft accidents involving bicyclists and pedestrians.
Who Is Responsible When Uber and Lyft Accidents Occur?
Since companies such as Uber and Lyft first launched roughly a decade ago, the demand for ride-sharing services has increased exponentially. Recent events involving assaults and other acts of violence have led to greater awareness regarding the need to follow certain ridesharing safety tips.
In addition to personal safety issues, users also need to be aware of how common Uber and Lyft car accidents are and the factors that increase the risks. As experienced Huntington Beach Uber and Lyft accident attorneys, we know that actions on the part of both the driver and the company they work for may be responsible for crashes and collisions. Among the most common factors in cases we handle at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers include:
- Reckless behavior on the part of the Uber or Lyft driver: Speeding, aggressive driving, and driving under the influence of alcohol, marijuana, or other medications increase car accident risks;
- Failure to properly maintain their vehicle: Low tire pressure, brake failures, engine problems, and other mechanical issues can play a role in Uber and Lyft accidents;
- Failure to properly vet drivers: Ride-sharing companies have an obligation to run background checks on the drivers they hire and to take action when accidents or traffic violations occur;
- Over-scheduling: Companies are also responsible for monitoring how much their drivers work. According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), drowsy driving due to long hours is a leading factor in ride-sharing crashes.
How Do I File An Uber or Lyft Accident Claim?
When an Uber or Lyft accident does occur, our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can help you hold both the driver and the ride-sharing company accountable in a claim. We provide the trusted legal guidance you need when dealing with these companies and their insurers. Our Huntington Beach Uber and Lyft accident attorneys aggressively negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf, ensuring you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in a settlement.
In cases where your injuries are severe or an agreeable insurance settlement cannot be reached, we can guide you in filing a lawsuit against those involved. Damages you may be entitled to under the California Civil Code include:
- Economic damages: These cover actual costs, which include your current medical bills, lost wages, and any future expenses you are likely to incur;
- Non-economic damages: These cover intangible costs, such as the pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment in life you experience as a result of your ride-sharing accident or injuries.
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount the judge may order in cases where the ride-sharing company or the driver involving acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today To Request A Free Consultation
Ride-sharing drivers and the companies they work for have teams of attorneys on their side. When an Uber or Lyft accident happens, get our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on yours. To discuss your options in filing a claim, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Huntington Beach Uber and Lyft accident attorneys online today to request a free consultation.