Huntington Beach Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Huntington Beach Brain Injury Attorneys
If you are involved in any type of accident, you may be at risk for serious and potentially disabling brain injuries. These occur as a result of lack of oxygen or due to bumps, blows, or jolts to the head and can have lasting impacts on every area of your life. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we guide you in seeking compensation for the medical costs and other losses you suffer as a result.
As experienced Huntington Beach brain injury attorneys, we have decades worth of combined experience helping clients and their families in this situation. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to guide you in filing a claim. Our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars for clients in similar cases. Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Huntington Beach Brain Injury Attorneys Are Here To Help
Brain injuries can be devastating, both for victims and their family members. They can occur in even seemingly minor accidents and are one of the most common types of personal injury. According to statistics from the California Department of Health (CDPH), more than 3,000 residents of Orange County suffer brain injuries each year.
Due to the active lifestyle in Huntington Beach, residents here are at an increased risk. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help you get the compensation you need to recover. Common causes of brain injuries in cases our Huntington Beach brain injury attorneys represent include:
- Car, truck, and motorcycle accidents;
- Accidents involving bicyclists and pedestrians;
- Bus and train accidents;
- Uber/Lyft accidents;
- Slips, falls, and other types of accidents that occur on another’s property;
- Accidents involving dangerous or defective products;
- Sports-related accidents;
- Recreational accidents, such as near-drownings and boating or surfing accidents;
- Other situations, such as construction accidents or acts of violence, which can result in brain injuries.
What Happens When A Person Suffers A Brain Injury?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) warns that brain injuries are a serious public health problem in the U.S. They are one of the leading causes of death and disability. Even a seemingly minor bump or blow to the head can cause lasting impacts for both victims and their loved ones. As experienced Huntington Beach brain injury attorneys, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers help people in our area deal with the adverse effects they are likely to suffer, both now and in the years to come.
A loss of oxygen or any type of sudden bump, blow, or shaking of the head can disrupt neural pathways in the brain. According to the CDC, common symptoms of brain injuries include:
- Dizziness and difficulty maintaining balance;
- Loss of memory regarding people, places, or things;
- Inability to concentrate or maintain your focus;
- Difficulty forming thoughts into words or understanding what is being said;
- Problems with performing even simple daily tasks;
- Chronic headaches and vision disturbances;
- Trouble falling asleep or staying awake;
- Changes in personality, including increased anger, anxiety, depression, and fits of rage.
These symptoms may be subtle, appearing weeks or even months after an accident. To protect your health and your rights in filing a claim, it is important to seek treatment for suspected head injuries immediately.
What Are My Rights In Filing A Brain Injury Lawsuit?
Accidents resulting in brain injuries are often the result of the reckless actions of others. You have the right to hold those at-fault accountable in a brain injury claim. Our Huntington Beach brain injury attorneys guide you in seeking the compensation you are entitled to in a lawsuit. Under the California Civil Code, this may include:
- Economic damages: These cover any current or future medical expenses, lost wages, or other expenses you are likely to incur;
- Non-economic damages: These compensate you for the pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment in life you suffer as a result of your accident or injuries;
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount which may be ordered by a judge in cases where the at-fault party acted in a particularly reckless manner.
How Can A Brain Injury Attorney Help Me?
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team is dedicated to getting you the maximum amount you deserve in your claim. Actions we take on your behalf include:
- Conducting a thorough investigation into your case;
- Gathering police reports, witness statements, and other evidence;
- Obtaining statements from your doctor detailing your injuries and prognosis for recovery;
- Taking actions to ensure any judgments issued in your case are paid.
Our Huntington Beach brain injury attorneys typically work on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you.
To Request A Free Consultation, Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today
You can trust Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to provide the professional legal representation you need when brain injuries happen. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Huntington Beach brain injury attorneys online today.