Chino Brain Injury Attorneys
Chino Brain Injury Attorneys
Bumps, blows, and jolts to the head can occur due to a variety of different types of accidents. Even if injuries appear minor, these can cause serious problems within the brain. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help victims who suffer brain injuries get the compensation they need to cover their medical costs and other expenses. As experienced Chino brain injury attorneys, we provide the professional legal representation needed to hold those responsible for your injuries accountable in a claim. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week when brain injuries happen, our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today to request a free consultation.
Cases Our Chino Brain Injury Attorneys Represent
Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) are one of the most common types of personal injuries. According to the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), more than 1,500 people suffer brain injuries in Chino and throughout San Bernardino County each year. They often occur as a result of accidents in which the reckless actions of others are to blame. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the trusted legal guidance you need in filing a claim. While you focus on your recovery, our Chino brain injury attorneys focus on determining what happened and who is responsible. Common causes of brain injuries in cases we represent include:
- Car accidents;
- Truck accidents;
- Motorcycle accidents;
- Accidents involving pedestrians and bicyclists;
- Slip and fall accidents;
- Accidents in which victims are struck by or against objects;
- Accidents caused by dangerous or defective products;
- Any type of accident in which brain injuries occur as a result.
What Are Common Types of Brain Injuries?
Brain injuries can happen when any type of bump, blow, or sudden shaking of the head disrupts neural pathways. Healthline advises that among the most common types of brain injuries include:
- Concussions, which is when blows or jolts to the head cause the brain to slam into the walls of the skull;
- Edema, which results in swelling in the brain;
- Hematomas, which is when bumps to the head result in potentially life-threatening blood clots;
- Hemorrhages, which is uncontrolled bleeding in the brain or surrounding tissues;
- Skull fractures, in which bumps or blows cause the bones within the head to shatter or break.
When these or other types of potentially severe brain injuries happen, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers is here to help. Our Chino brain injury attorneys act as a strong legal advocate on your side, helping you get the compensation you need to recover.
How Can I Tell If A Head Injury Is Mild or Severe?
The short answer is you can’t, which is why our Chino brain injury attorneys encourage you to seek medical care immediately any time a head or brain injury is suspected. Symptoms of brain injuries may appear minor at first but can have major impacts on your health. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) warns that the following are among the most common:
- Physical impairments, such as chronic headaches, difficulty maintaining balance, lack of coordination, and problems sleeping;
- Cognitive impairments, such as attention deficit disorders and poor judgment;
- Communications issues, in which victims have difficulty putting thoughts into words and understanding what is being said;
- Emotional issues, such as anxiety, depression, and increased anger or fits of rage;
- Memory loss, which can cause victims to forget the names of their closest friends and family members or how to complete even simple tasks.
How Can I Get Compensation For Brain Injuries?
When brain injuries happen due to the reckless and negligent actions of others, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can help you hold them accountable. Depending on the circumstances, you may be entitled to compensation through an insurance settlement. Our legal team aggressively negotiates with insurance company representatives on your behalf to ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to. If insurance is unavailable or your injuries are severe, our Chino brain injury attorneys can guide you in filing a lawsuit against those responsible through the San Bernardino County Civil Court. Common types of compensation available in this type of claim includes:
- Economic damages, which cover current medical expenses and lost wages, as well as any future costs you are likely to incur;
- Non-economic damages, which compensate you for pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life due to your injuries;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount awarded in cases where the at-fault party acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, LLC., we represent clients in brain injury cases on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. To ensure you get the compensation you need to recover from brain injuries, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Chino brain injury attorneys online to request a free consultation today.