Chino Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Chino Wrongful Death Attorneys
The unexpected death of a loved one is always difficult. When it occurs due to the reckless actions of others, it is particularly devastating. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help you hold those at fault accountable in a wrongful death claim.
As experienced Chino wrongful death attorneys, you can count on us to provide the professional legal representation you need and the compassionate care you deserve. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week when a wrongful death happens and our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. While no amount of money can ease your suffering, a wrongful death can provide a sense of justice. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Cases Our Chino Wrongful Death Attorneys Represent
Personal injuries are one of the leading causes of death in the United States. According to statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), they claim the lives of close to 200,000 people each year. While often referred to as an ‘accident’, the reckless actions of others are often to blame.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we understand how hard this type of loss is for surviving friends and family members. Our Chino wrongful death attorneys provide the trusted legal guidance you need, helping you get compensation for funeral expenses, outstanding medical bills, lost wages, and other costs you are likely to incur. Common types of wrongful death cases we represent include:
- Car accidents;
- Truck accidents;
- Motorcycle accidents;
- Bicycle accidents;
- Pedestrian accidents;
- Accidents involving buses and other types of public transportation;
- Slip and fall accidents;
- Accidents in which the victim is struck by or against objects;
- Construction site accidents;
- Accidents due to dangerous or defective product;
- Any type of accident or other situation that results in fatal injuries.
Who Can Be Held Responsible When A Wrongful Death Happens?
A wrongful death generally occurs due to the reckless and negligent actions of others. Under Section 377.60 of the California Civil Code, while the at-fault party may not have intended to cause your loved one harm, they can be held accountable for their death and the damages you incur as a result.
In the aftermath of this type of loss, we encourage you to reach out to Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. While you focus on helping your family through the grieving process, our Chino wrongful death attorneys can investigate the circumstances surrounding your loved one’s passing to determine who is responsible. This may include:
- Motorists: Reckless driving behaviors, such as speeding, running red lights, and driving distracted or under the influence, are a leading factor in motor vehicle-related deaths.
- Property owners: When property owners fail to properly maintain the premises or warn visitors of potential dangers, fatal injuries due to slips and falls or other types of mishaps can easily occur.
- Product manufacturers: Product manufacturers who skimp on safety or fail to pull defective products from shelves can be held responsible for fatal injuries that result.
- Other public and privately owned businesses: Whenever neglect on the part of any type of business owner or employee results in a loved one’s death, you have the right to hold them accountable for the losses you suffer as a result.
How Much Is A Wrongful Death Claim Worth?
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team can guide you in the options for seeking compensation in the aftermath of a wrongful death. Insurance policies that are in place may cover a portion of your costs. If you are the spouse, domestic partner, child, parent, legal guardian, or estate representative for the person who passed, you may also be entitled to file a wrongful death lawsuit through the San Bernardino County Civil Court. While each case is different, compensation available in this type of claim includes:
- Coverage of outstanding medical costs;
- Compensation for funeral-related expenses;
- Lost wages and compensation for future losses in income your loved one would have otherwise earned;
- Compensation for your pain, suffering, loss of companionship, and loss of enjoyment in life due to your loved one’s death;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the judge may order if the at-fault party acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
It is important to note that as experienced Chino wrongful death attorneys, we generally represent clients in these cases on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we know that there is no amount of money that can ease your suffering in the aftermath of a loved one’s death. However, filing a wrongful death claim can provide a sense of justice while helping ensure you are provided for in a way your loved ne would have wanted. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Chino wrongful death attorneys online to request a consultation today.