Chino Bus Accident Attorneys
Chino Bus Accident Attorneys
Whether you rely on buses as your primary form of transportation or to save money on your commute, it is important to be aware of how common bus accidents in Chino are. When these leave you suffering potentially serious personal injuries, you can count on Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. to provide trusted legal guidance in filing a claim. Our experienced Chino bus accident attorneys offer the professional legal representation you need when dealing with bus companies and their insurers. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. To find out how we can help you, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Chino Bus Accident Attorneys Provide The Professional Legal Representation You Need
There are a variety of options for taking the bus in Chino. Bus stops are plentiful and park and ride service is provided both through Foothills Transit and Omnitrans. While generally considered a safe and reliable form of transportation, it is important for passengers to be aware of the risks. Bus accidents happen regularly and even a minor collision can result in serious personal injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help you get the compensation you need to recover. Cases our Chino bus accident attorneys represent include:
- Bus accidents involving collisions with fixed objects or other motorists;
- Bus rollover accidents, which often happen when going around turns or curves in the road;
- Passenger accidents that occur while boarding or during a trip, such as slips and falls, being struck by objects, or getting thrown from your seat;
- Bus stop and station accidents, impacting passengers, pedestrians, and bicyclists.
How Do Bus Accidents Happen?
California has one of the highest rates of bus accidents in the country. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), more than 200 major bus crashes occur throughout the state each year. While road, traffic, and weather conditions are frequent contributing factors, the underlying cause is generally reckless behavior on the part of the bus driver or the bus company involved. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers help you determine who is at fault for a bus accident so that they can be held accountable in a claim. Among the most common causes in cases our Chino bus accident attorneys represent include:
- Aggressive behavior on the part of the bus driver, such as speeding, tailgating other motorists, and failure to yield;
- Distracted driving, which may include talking on cell phones, texting, or any activity that takes the bus driver’s attention from the road;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or medications;
- Drowsy driving, which is often due to over scheduling;
- Improper bus maintenance, such as tire blow-outs and brake failures;
- Negligent bus company policies, such as failing to properly train drivers, not giving them adequate breaks, and not pulling them from duty due to traffic infractions.
How Can I Get Compensation For Bus Accident Injuries?
Even a minor bus accident can result in serious personal injuries. Broken bones, deep cuts and lacerations, muscle sprains or tears, and injuries to the head, back, or neck are all common, while major crashes have the potential to be life-threatening. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are dedicated to helping victims and their families get the compensation they are entitled to. While you focus on your recovery, our Chino bus accident attorneys focus on protecting your rights in filing a claim. Our legal team thoroughly reviews all the details in your case, gathering the evidence needed in dealing with the bus company and their insurers. We aggressively negotiate on your behalf to ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to any settlements.
Can I Sue The Bus Company?
In cases where bus accident injuries are severe or a reasonable insurance settlement cannot be reached, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers will not hesitate to take the bus driver and the company they work for to court. Under the California Civil Code, compensation you may be entitled to in this type of claim includes:
- Economic damages: These cover actual costs, such as for your current medical care and any lost wages, as well as any future expenses you are likely to incur.
- Non-economic damages: These cover intangible costs, such as the pain and suffering caused by your bus accident and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience due to your injuries.
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount the bus company may be ordered to pay if their actions in causing the crash were particularly willful and negligent.
To Request A Free Consultation, Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we generally represent bus accident victims on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Chino bus accident attorneys online today.