Chino Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Chino Bicycle Accident Attorneys
While bicycling provides a way to have fun, keep physically fit, and is an environmentally-friendly form of transportation, it is important to be aware of the risks. Bicycle accidents in Chino are common and often result in serious personal injuries. When they occur due to the reckless actions of motorists, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. helps you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim.
As experienced Chino bicycle accident attorneys, we are here 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide the professional legal representation you need. With a proven track record of success, our top case results reveal settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. To find out how we can help you, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Chino Bicycle Accident Attorneys Help You Get The Compensation You Need To Recover
The City of Chino has hundreds of miles of designated bike lanes and riding paths, with more plans to improve bicycle safety underway. Despite these efforts, bicycle accidents in Chino continue to happen on a regular basis.
With little to protect them in collisions involving motor vehicles, injuries bicyclists suffer are often severe. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help victims get the compensation they need to recover. Common types of injuries suffered by clients in cases our Chino bicycle accident attorneys represent include:
- Broken bones and dislocated joints;
- Burn injuries due to contact with hot engine parts or fluids and road rash;
- Crushing injuries, causing damage to body parts and internal organs;
- Deep cuts and lacerations, which can result in permanent scarring;
- Head injuries, such as concussion, skull fractures, and traumatic brain injuries (TBI;
- Injuries to the back and neck, such as whiplash and herniated discs;
- Soft tissue injuries, impacting muscles, tendons, and ligaments;
- Spinal cord injuries, resulting in temporary or permanent paralysis.
What Are Common Causes Of Bicycle Accidents In Chino?
The California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) reports more than 300 bicycle accidents happen in Chino and the surrounding San Bernardino County area each year. Common types of dangerous driving behaviors responsible for these accidents include:
- Aggressive driving, such as when motorists tailgate bicyclists;
- Distracted driving, such as when they are too busy talking on cell phones or texting to pay attention to the road;
- Driving under the influence, which can involve alcohol, drugs, or medications;
- Speeding, running red lights, and committing other traffic infractions.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we conduct a thorough investigation into bicycle accident cases. Our experienced Chino bicycle accident attorneys will determine how it happened and who is at-fault so that they can be held accountable in a claim.
How Can I Get Compensation For Bicycle Accident Injuries?
Under Section 1714 of the California Civil Code, everyone is responsible for their actions, including those that result in injuries to others. When bicycle accidents happen due to the negligence of motorists, Harris Personal Injury Attorneys can guide you in the options available in seeking compensation.
If the at-fault driver has insurance in place, you have the right to file a claim against their policy. Our Chino bicycle accident attorneys can gather the evidence and other information needed while negotiating with representatives on your behalf to ensure you get the maximum amount in any settlements. If the at-fault driver is uninsured or your injuries are severe, we will not hesitate to file a lawsuit against them. Compensation you may be entitled to in this type of claim includes:
- Coverage of current medical costs and compensation for future expenses you are likely to incur;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and any future losses in income expected due to lingering disabilities;
- Compensation for your pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life your bicycle accident injuries cause you;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount awarded in cases where the at-fault driver engaged in particularly willful and negligent behavior.
What If My Bicycle Accident Involves A Hit and Run?
Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for at-fault drivers to attempt to leave the scene of a bicycle accident to avoid responsibility. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team can take the swift actions needed to identify them. This includes:
- Reviewing police reports;
- Getting additional details from witnesses at the scene;
- Obtaining nearby surveillance tapes, which can help identify the vehicle;
- Speaking with local mechanics, who the driver may have gone to for repairs.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we generally represent victims of bicycle accidents on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. To ensure you get the compensation you need to recover from your injuries, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Chino bicycle accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.