Chino Train Accident Attorneys
Chino Train Accident Attorneys
Trains provide support for manufacturing and distribution facilities in San Bernardino County and provide residents with a convenient way to travel. However, they also create certain risks. Train accidents in Chino are common and can leave passengers and pedestrians suffering potentially life-threatening injuries. When these impact you or someone you love, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. helps you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. As experienced Chino train accident attorneys, we act as a strong legal advocate on your behalf, making sure those at fault are held accountable. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. To find out how we can help in your case, contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a consultation today.
Get The Trusted Legal Representation You Need From Our Chino Train Accident Attorneys
Union Pacific Railroad operates an extensive network of freight lines throughout the city of Chino and passenger rail service is provided by nearby Metrolink and Amtrak stations. While local trains provide a convenient way to travel and boost the local economy, these services can come at a high personal cost. Train accidents in Chino can occur in a variety of ways and happen on an unfortunately frequent basis. When you suffer injuries as a result, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers provide the professional legal representation you need in filing a claim. Common types of cases our Chino train accident attorneys represent include:
- Train accidents resulting from collisions with objects;
- Train derailments and rail car overturn crashes;
- Passenger train accidents that occur during your trip;
- Train station accidents;
- Rail crossing accidents involving pedestrians and bicyclists.
What Causes Train Accidents?
Statistics from the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) reveal that California has one of the highest rates of train accidents in the country. These claim the lives of nearly 200 people each year while leaving close to 1,000 others suffering serious personal injuries. Among the most common causes include:
- Recklessness on the part of the train conductor or engineer, such as going too fast for conditions and operating the train while distracted or under the influence;
- Mistakes on the part of train signalers and other employees, which is a common contributing factor in train crashes and collisions;
- Lack of proper train or track maintenance, which increases the odds that a train accident will happen;
- Negligence on the part of the train company, such as failing to properly train employees, overcrowding, and lack of proper oversight or management.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we can conduct a full investigation into the circumstances surrounding your train accident. While you focus on recovering from your injuries, our Chino train accident attorneys focus on holding those at-fault accountable.
How Do I File A Train Accident Claim?
Even a seemingly minor train accident or onboard mishap can leave you suffering serious harm. Why should you have to pay out of pocket for the medical costs, lost wages, and other expenses that result when the train company or their employees are responsible? At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, you can count on us to provide the trusted legal guidance you need in filing a train accident claim. The first step generally involves filing a claim with the train company’s insurer. Our legal team can aggressively negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf, protecting your rights and helping to ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to. If your injuries are severe or if the insurer tries to dispute your claim, our Chino train accident attorneys will not hesitate to take them to court.
How Much Is A Train Accident Lawsuit Worth?
Under Section 1714 of the California Civil Code, anyone can be held legally liable when injuries occur due to their willful actions or negligence. This includes train companies and their employees. While the exact amount you may be entitled to will depend on the situation and the extent of your injuries, common types of compensation available includes:
- Economic damages: These cover your actual costs, such as your current medical bills and lost wages, as well as any future expenses you are likely to incur.
- Non-economic damages: These cover intangible costs, such as pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience due to your injuries.
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount the judge may order if the train company or their employees acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
It is important to note that at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Chino train accident attorneys generally represent clients on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Free Consultation Today
To protect your rights when dealing with train companies and their insurers, get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on your side. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Chino train accident attorneys online to request a free consultation today.