Chino Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Chino Slip and Fall Attorneys
Slips and falls are a leading cause of personal injuries in Chino. When they occur, it is often referred to as an ‘accident’, but it is generally the reckless and negligent actions of property owners which are actually to blame. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help you hold them accountable for the medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages you suffer as a result.
As experienced Chino slip and fall attorneys, we have a proven track record of success in helping clients get the compensation they need to recover in a claim. Our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth hundreds of thousands of dollars in slip and fall accident cases. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Chino Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys Provide The Trusted Legal Guidance You Need
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) warns that personal injuries are a leading cause of death and disability in the United States. Slips and falls are among the most common types of accidents responsible. Slip and fall accidents in Chino often happen at entertainment venues, restaurants, and retail stores, as well as in hospitals, office buildings, parks, or other public places. Injuries you may suffer as a result include:
- Broken bones and dislocated joints, impacting your mobility;
- Deep cuts and lacerations, resulting in permanent scars;
- Head injuries, such as concussions and skull fractures;
- Neck and back injuries, resulting in damage to discs or vertebrae;
- Soft tissue injuries, such as sprained or torn muscles and tendons;
- Spinal cord injuries, which can result in temporary or permanent paralysis.
When slip and fall injuries impact you or a loved one, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers provide the trusted legal guidance you need. While you focus on your recovery, our experienced Chino slip and fall attorneys focus on holding those at fault accountable.
What Are Common Causes Of Slip and Fall Injuries In Chino?
When a slip and fall happens, victims may be tempted to downplay the incident or even blame themselves for what happened. The fact is that Chino slip and fall accidents are usually due to the reckless and negligent actions of property owners involved. Among the most common causes include:
- Wet, slippery floors;
- Chipped flooring tiles;
- Torn or frayed carpeting;
- Uneven paving stones or walkways;
- Lack of proper lighting or landscaping;
- Cluttered aisles and hallways;
- Lack of handrails on steps and at heights.
Under California Civil Jury Instructions (CACI No. 1000), property owners have a duty of care to maintain the safety of the premises. This requires them to provide routine maintenance of their property, to make any needed repairs, and to notify visitors when dangerous conditions exist. When they fail to do so, our Chino slip and fall attorneys can help you hold them responsible for injuries and expenses you suffer as a result.
Can I Sue If I Slip and Fall?
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team can guide you in the options for seeking compensation after a slip and fall. The first step is often to file a claim against the property owner’s insurance. Our Chino slip and fall attorneys gather the evidence needed and aggressively negotiate with insurers on your behalf, with the goal of getting you the maximum amount in any settlements.
If insurance is unavailable or a reasonable settlement cannot be reached, we will not hesitate to file a slip and fall lawsuit against the property owner through the San Bernardino County Civil Court. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your slip and fall, as well as the extent of your injuries, compensation you may be entitled to includes:
- Coverage of your current medical expenses and compensation for any future medical costs, medications, or physical therapy you are likely to require;
- Reimbursement of your current lost wages and compensation for future losses in income in the event your slip and fall injuries result in long term disabilities;
- Compensation for pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life due to the injuries you suffered in a slip and fall accident;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount that may be awarded by the court in cases where the property owner acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
When injuries happen due to a slip and fall accident in Chino, you have only one chance to get the compensation you need to cover the medical expenses, lost wages, and other costs you incur. To protect your rights in filing a claim, get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc, on your side. We typically represent clients in slip and fall cases on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Chino slip and fall attorneys online and request a free consultation today.