Culver City Dog Bite Attorneys
Culver City Dog Bite Attorneys
Dog owners often embrace their pets as part of the family. While furry friends are a source of both companionship and protection, they can also pose risks. Even the gentlest and most mild-mannered dog can bite in certain situations. When they do, serious personal injuries often occur as a result. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help people injured in these cases hold the dog owner accountable. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, you can count on our Culver City dog bite attorneys to provide the trusted legal guidance you need in filing a claim. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today and request a free consultation.
Get Professional Legal Representation From Our Culver City Dog Bite Attorneys
Dogs are popular pets in Culver City. However, there are strict rules and regulations dog owners are required to follow. Los Angeles County ordinances require dogs to be under their owner’s restraint at all times and to be leashed in public places. When dog owners fail to abide by local laws, innocent people often end up suffering serious personal injuries as a result. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the professional legal representation dog bite victims and their families need. You can count on our Culver City dog bite attorneys to take the legal actions necessary to ensure you get compensation in a claim. Common types of injuries suffered by clients in cases we handle include:
- Deep claw and scratch marks, which can leave permanent scars;
- Puncture wounds caused by the dog’s teeth, which can reach muscles and other soft tissues;
- Severe bites, resulting in loss of body parts and permanent damage to limbs;
- Staph infections, rabies, and exposure to other diseases, due to bacteria in the dog’s mouth;
- Traumatic stress disorders, which can cause anxiety, depression, insomnia, panic attacks, and other troubling symptoms for months or even years after.
How Can I Hold Dog Owners Accountable When Dog Bites In Culver City Happen?
The Culver City Police Department advises dog owners to notify them and Animal Control Services immediately whenever a dog bite or attack happens. Get a description of the dog and the owner, if possible, as well as any witnesses at the scene. Seek medical care right away, regardless of the severity of your injuries. Not doing so could impact your health as well as your rights in filing a dog bite claim. Even otherwise friendly dogs can bite when they are hungry, hurt, afraid, or defending their property. Ultimately, it is the pet owner's responsibility to prevent their dog from harming others. Situations in which they can be held accountable for dog bites in Culver City include:
- When they allow their dog to run off-leash in public places;
- When they otherwise fail to properly control their pet;
- When the dog is not restrained on their property and is left to wander apartment complexes or neighborhoods;
- When the owner fails to post warnings that a potentially dangerous dog is on the premises.
Depending on the circumstances surrounding a dog bite, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can guide you in filing an insurance claim against the owner. While you focus on your recovery, our legal team aggressively negotiates with insurers on your behalf. If insurance is unavailable or your injuries are severe, our Culver City dog bite owners can guide you in filing a lawsuit against the dog’s owner.
How Much Is My Dog Bite Claim Worth?
The exact amount you are entitled to for dog bites in Culver City will depend on the circumstances and the severity of your injuries. With insurance settlements, amounts are generally limited by the terms of the policy. Filing a personal injury lawsuit often entitles you to additional types of compensation. Under the California Civil Code, this may include:
- Coverage of current medical bills and compensation for any future costs you are likely to incur;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and future losses in income in the event of long term disabilities;
- Compensation for pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life your dog bite injuries cause;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the judge may order in cases where the dog owner acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
When handling these types of cases, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers generally represents clients on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you.
To Request A Free Consultation, Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today
When dog bite injuries impact you or a loved one, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, LLC. take the swift legal actions needed to hold the dog's owner responsible. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Culver City dog bite attorneys online today.