Culver City Brain Injury Attorneys
Culver City Brain Injury Attorneys
Brain injuries in Culver City happen frequently as the result of accidents. When the reckless actions of others are to blame, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers provide the professional legal representation you need to hold them accountable. As experienced Culver City brain injury attorneys, we help you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a free consultation today.
Common Causes of Brain Injuries In Cases Our Culver City Brain Injury Attorneys Represent
According to statistics from the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), more than 40,000 people each year suffer brain injuries in Los Angeles County. They are one of the most common types of personal injuries and among the most devastating. Even a seemingly minor accident can cause permanent impairments. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we act as a strong legal ally on the side of brain injury victims and their families. As experienced Culver City brain injury attorneys, you can count on us to help you get the compensation needed to recover. Common causes of brain injuries in cases we represent include:
- Car, truck, and motorcycle accidents;
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents;
- Sports and recreational accidents;
- Premises liability accidents, such as slips, falls, or getting struck by objects;
- Accidents due to defective and dangerous products.
What Are The Most Common Brain Injuries?
One Neuro, a clinical provider for treatment of head injuries in Culver City, states that there are two main types of brain injuries.
- Penetrating injuries: These occur when a foreign object actually pierces the skull, doing damage to the brain and its tissues. Symptoms victims suffer will depend on the part of the brain affected.
- Closed brain injuries are the most common and can happen due to any type of bump, blow, or sudden jolt to the head, such as with concussions or skull fractures.
Closed brain injuries disrupt neural pathways in the brain, causing symptoms that include loss of consciousness, feeling dizzy or disoriented, problems maintaining balance, headaches, nausea or vomiting, memory lapses, and problems communicating or understanding what is said. When brain injuries impact you or someone you one, you can count on Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to provide the caring support and trusted legal guidance you need. While victims and their families focus on recovery, our Culver City brain injury attorneys focus on holding those at-fault responsible.
Who Can Be Held Liable When Brain Injuries In Culver City Happen?
Brain injuries in Culver City are often attributed to accidents, but in many cases the reckless and negligent actions of others are to blame. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team will thoroughly investigate the circumstances surrounding your accident to determine exactly how it happened and who is liable in a claim. This may include:
- Motorists, whose reckless driving behaviors result in crashes or collisions;
- Property owners, who either failed to properly maintain the premises of warn visitors of potential dangers;
- Sports or recreational facilities and other types of businesses, for failing to take proper safety precautions;
- Product manufacturers, for failing to provide proper instructions or pull dangerous products from shelves.
In some cases, you may be entitled to compensation for brain injuries through an insurance claim. As experienced Culver City brain injury attorneys, we aggressively negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf to ensure you get the maximum amount in any settlements. If insurance is not available or fails to cover your costs, we will not hesitate to file a personal injury lawsuit against those responsible through the Los Angeles County Civil Court.
How Much Is My Brain Injury Case Worth?
Each case is different and the exact amount you are entitled to in a brain injury lawsuit will depend on the circumstances and the severity of your injuries. However, common types of compensation available under the California Civil Code includes:
- Economic damages, which cover actual costs. This includes current and future medical expenses and lost wages.
- Non-economic damages, which cover intangible costs, such as pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life your brain injuries result in.
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the judge may order if the at-fault party acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
It is important to note that at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Culver City brain injury attorneys generally work on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
When brain injuries happen, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, LLC. help you get the compensation you need to recover. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Culver City brain injury attorneys online and request a free consultation today.