Culver City Truck Accident Attorneys
Culver City Truck Accident Attorneys
Considering the amount of commercial traffic through our area, truck accidents in Culver City are a major hazard. Motorists impacted by crashes and collisions can end up suffering serious and potentially life-threatening injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we hold truck drivers and the companies they work for accountable, helping victims and their families get compensation in a claim. As experienced Culver City truck accident attorneys, we are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide the trusted guidance and professional legal representation you need. Our top case results reveal settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. If you or someone you love was injured in a truck accident, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Cases Our Culver City Truck Accident Attorneys Represent
Our close proximity to downtown Los Angeles and the fact that we are bordered by the I-10, the 405, and Venice Boulevard means that truck traffic in our area is heavy. While official truck routes through Culver City aim at decreasing traffic and improving public safety, truck accidents happen on a regular basis. Whether a crash or collision involves cargo vans and other smaller-sized delivery vehicles or 18-wheelers, semi-trucks, and other big rigs, serious personal injuries often result. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help victims of truck accidents get the compensation they are entitled to in a claim. Common types of cases our Culver City truck accident attorneys represent include:
- Blindspot truck accidents, which can happen when riding alongside a truck, resulting in sideswipe accidents;
- Head-on truck accidents, which often occur at night and near interstate exit or entrance ramps;
- Jackknife truck accidents, which are common in heavy traffic and happen when trucks come to a sudden stop, causing the trailer to ride up alongside the cab;
- Rear-end truck accidents, which often happen when truckers lose control while going down hill;
- Rollover truck accidents, which are common when making turns or going around curves;
- Side-impact truck accidents, otherwise known as t-bone crashes, which often happen in intersections;
- Under-ride truck accidents, which can happen when trucks are not equipped with the proper safety equipment.
What Are Common Causes Of Truck Accidents In Culver City?
According to statistics from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), roughly 100,000 crashes involving commercial trucks are reported each year and California is the state in which they are most common. In the majority of cases, recklessness on the part of the truck driver or the company they work for is often to blame. When these accidents happen in Culver City, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers helps you hold those at-fault accountable. While you focus on recovering from your injuries, our Culver City truck accident attorneys focus on getting you the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. We conduct a thorough investigation to determine how it happened and who is liable. Among the most common causes in cases we represent include:
- Dangerous driving behaviors, such as speeding, tailgating, and driving distracted or under the influence;
- Improper loading practices, which increases rollover truck accident risks;
- Lack of proper truck maintenance, which can result in tire blowouts, brake failures, engine seizing, and other mishaps that can cause truck drivers to lose control of their rigs;
- Over-scheduling, which increases the risk of drowsy driving, a common cause of truck accidents in Culver City.
Can I Sue The Truck Driver Or Trucking Company When Truck Accidents In Culver City Happen?
Truck companies typically have teams of attorneys working to defend them against claims when truck accidents happen. To protect your rights to compensation, get our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on your side. We aggressively negotiate with insurance companies and others involved to ensure you get the maximum amount in any settlements. If an insurance settlement cannot be reached or your injuries are severe, our Culver truck accident attorneys will not hesitate to file a lawsuit against the truck driver, the company they work for, trucking part manufacturers, mechanics, or others involved. Compensation you may be entitled to through a lawsuit under the California Civil Code includes:
- Coverage of your current medical costs and any future medical expenses you are likely to incur;
- Reimbursement for current lost wages and any future losses in income your injuries are likely to result in;
- Compensation for your pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life your truck accident injuries cause;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount that may be awarded in cases where the truck driver, the trucking company, or others involved acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we generally represent victims in truck accident cases on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get compensation for you. To discuss your options in filing a claim, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Culver City truck accident attorneys online today.