Culver City Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Culver City Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Ridesharing offers a convenient and cost-effective way to travel. At the same time, Uber and Lyft accidents in Culver City are common and can result in serious personal injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help you hold at-fault drivers and the companies they work for accountable. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, you can count on our experienced Culver City Uber and Lyft accident attorneys to provide the trusted legal guidance you need in filing a claim. Our top case results show a proven track record of success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars for our clients. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today to request a consultation.
Get Professional Legal Representation From Our Culver City Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
There are a variety of ridesharing services in Culver City, but among the most popular are Uber and Lyft. They help you avoid the hassles of driving in heavy traffic and having to pay high costs for fuel, parking, and vehicle maintenance fees. While hailed for their convenience and ability to reduce drunk driving risks, they also pose significant hazards. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the professional legal representation you need when Uber and Lyft accidents happen. While you focus on recovering from your injuries, we focus on getting you the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. Cases our Culver City Uber and Lyft accident attorneys handle include:
- Car accidents involving Uber, Lyft, and other drivers;
- Mishaps that occur during your trip, such as being thrown from your seat due to sudden stops;
- Uber and Lyft accidents involving bicyclists and pedestrians;
- Any type of incident involving Uber or Lyft that results in personal injuries.
What Are Common Causes Of Uber and Lyft Accidents In Culver City?
Uber safety reports emphasize the large number of people who rely on ridesharing services each day but downplay the risks. When accidents happen, it is often due to negligence on the part of the driver or ridesharing company involved. As experienced Culver City Uber and Lyft accident attorneys, we help you hold them accountable. Common causes in cases Harris Personal Injury Lawyers represent include:
- Reckless driving behaviors, such as speeding, running red lights, and driving distracted or while under the influence;
- Drowsy driving, which is a common problem among Uber and Lyft drivers and mimics the same types of impairments as driving under the influence;
- Vehicle maintenance issues, which can make Uber and Lyft accidents in Culver City more likely to happen;
- Negligence on the part of the ridesharing company, for failing to properly vet drivers or monitor their behavior.
What Happens If You Are In An Accident Involving Uber Or Lyft?
What happens if you are involved in an Uber or Lyft accident in Culver City? Your first step should be to notify the police so that an accident report can be filed. Get the name of the driver, the ridesharing company they work for, and contact information for anyone nearby who may have seen what happened. You should also seek medical attention immediately for your injuries, regardless of severity. Not doing so could jeopardize your health and your rights in a claim. In the days after your accident, you will likely be contacted by insurers representing the ridesharing driver and the company they work for. Before making any statements or accepting any settlements, contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers first. Our legal team can aggressively negotiate with insurers on your behalf, ensuring you get the maximum amount you are entitled to. If insurers attempt to deny your claim or a reasonable settlement cannot be reached, our Culver City Uber and Lyft accident attorneys will not hesitate in taking both the driver and the ridesharing company to court. Compensation available under the California Civil Code in an Uber or Lyft accident lawsuit includes:
- Economic damages: These cover actual costs, such as your current medical bills and lost wages, as well as any future expenses you are likely to incur;
- Non-economic damages: These cover intangible costs, such as pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience as a result of your injuries;
- Punitive damages: In cases where the ridesharing company or driver acted in a particularly willful manner, you may be entitled to additional compensation designed to punish them and prevent others from engaging in the same behavior.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we generally represent victims of Uber and Lyft accidents on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get compensation for you. To get our legal team on your side, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Culver City Uber and Lyft accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.