Culver City Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Culver City Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Pedestrian accidents in Culver City often leave victims suffering serious personal injuries. When the reckless actions of drivers are to blame, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., helps you hold them accountable. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our experienced Culver City pedestrian accident attorneys provide the professional legal representation you need in filing a claim. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today.
Our Culver City Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Help You Get The Compensation You Need To Recover
Culver City is a pedestrian-friendly town. Residents rely on walking to run errands and as a way of staying fit. However, while sidewalks, crosswalks, and walking trails help increase safety, accidents are still common. Reports from the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) indicate an average of more than three pedestrian accidents in Culver City happen each month. In terms of risk, this ranks us in the top ten compared to similarly-sized cities across the state. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are dedicated to helping pedestrian accident victims get the compensation they need to recover. Injuries suffered by clients in cases our Culver City pedestrian accident attorneys represent include:
- Back and neck injuries, such as whiplash and herniated discs;
- Broken bones, which often involve multiple fractures;
- Burn injuries, due to contact with hot engine oils or fluids and road rash;
- Crushing injuries, causing damage to body limbs and internal organs;
- Deep cuts and lacerations, which can result in permanent scarring and disfigurement;
- Head injuries, including concussions, skull fractures, and traumatic brain injuries (TBI);
- Soft tissue injuries, such as muscle or tendon sprains, strains, and tears;
- Spinal cord injuries, resulting in partial or complete paralysis.
What Are The Main Causes of Pedestrian Accidents In Culver City?
According to the Los Angeles County Department of Health, more pedestrian accidents happen here that in any other county in the United States. In the majority of cases, reckless and dangerous driving behaviors are to blame. When these impact you or someone you love, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers acts as a strong legal ally on your side. While you focus on your recovery, our Culver City pedestrian accident attorneys focus on holding those at-fault accountable. Common causes of pedestrian accidents in Culver City include:
- Distracted driving, such as talking on cellphones or texting while behind the wheel;
- Driving under the influence, which can involve alcohol, recreational drugs, or medications;
- Failing to yield to pedestrians in crosswalks, as well as disregarding other traffic signals;
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions, which increases pedestrian accident risks and the severity of injuries.
Does Insurance Cover Pedestrian Accidents?
When you suffer injuries in a pedestrian accident, you have the right to file a claim against the at-fault driver’s insurer. However, be aware that as for-profit businesses, insurance companies have a financial motive for either denying or downplaying these claims. Before making any statements or agreeing to any settlements, contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers first. Our experienced Culver City pedestrian accident attorneys aggressively negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf to ensure you get the maximum amount in any settlements. If insurance is unavailable or policy limits fail to cover your costs, we will not hesitate in taking the driver to court. Compensation available under the California Civil Code includes:
- Coverage of current and future medical expenses;
- Reimbursement for lost income and future losses in earnings in the event of long term disabilities;
- Compensation for pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life your pedestrian accident injuries result in;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount available in cases where the at-fault driver engaged in particularly willful and negligent conduct.
What Happens In Pedestrian Accident Hit and Run Cases?
Hit and run pedestrian accidents in Culver City are common. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team takes the swift legal actions needed to identify these drivers. This includes:
- Reviewing police reports and revisiting the accident scene;
- Getting more detailed statements from witnesses;
- Obtaining surveillance footage from nearby stores and traffic signals, which can help in obtaining a license plate number;
- Spreading the word among local mechanics, who the driver may turn to for repairs.
In these and other types of cases, our Culver City pedestrian accident attorneys generally work on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you.
Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
When pedestrian accidents happen, injuries you suffer could impact you for years to come. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help you get the compensation you need to recover in a claim. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Culver City pedestrian accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.