Culver City Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Culver City Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Bicycling is a healthy hobby and offers a convenient form of transportation. Unfortunately, the amount of traffic in our area makes bicycle accidents in Culver City a common occurrence. When these leave you suffering serious personal injuries, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. helps you get compensation in a claim. Our experienced Culver City bicycle accident attorneys are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide the trusted legal guidance and professional representation you need. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of bike accident victims. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today.
To Get The Compensation You Need To Recover, Get Our Culver City Bicycle Accident Attorneys On Your Side
According to statistics from the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), bicycle accidents in Culver City happen an average of two times each month. With bicycles offering little in the way of protection, injuries cyclists suffer are often severe. Even a relatively minor bicycle accident can result in personal injuries that threaten your health for years into the future. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Culver City bicycle accident attorneys help you get the compensation you need to recover. We act as a strong legal ally on your side when bicycle accident injuries happen, such as:
- Back and neck injuries, such as whiplash and damage to vertebrae or discs;
- Broken bones, which may involve multiple fractures;
- Deep cuts and lacerations, which can result in permanent scarring;
- Head injuries, such as concussion, skull fractures, and traumatic brain injuries (TBI);
- Internal injuries, which can cause life-threatening damage to internal organs;
- Road rash and burn injuries, which can result in permanent disfigurement;
- Soft tissue injuries, causing damage to muscles, tendons, and ligaments;
- Spinal cord injuries, resulting in temporary or permanent paralysis.
How Do Bicycle Accidents In Culver City Happen?
Fitness cycling is popular among residents of Culver City, as is biking as an environmentally-friendly form of transportation, Unfortunately, heavy traffic conditions pose significant risks. California Healthline reports a dramatic spike in bicycle accidents over the past few years. In the majority of cases, the reckless driving behaviors of motorists are to blame. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help you hold them accountable. While you focus on your recovery, our Culver City bicycle accident attorneys focus on getting you the compensation you deserve. Common causes of bicycle accidents in cases we represent include:
- Aggressive driving, such as tailgating and cutting bicyclists off when changing lanes;
- Distracted driving, such as making calls or sending texts while behind the wheel;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or medications;
- Failing to check for bicyclists before making turns or opening car doors;
- Failure to stop for red lights, stop signs, or at crosswalks;
- Speeding, going too fast for conditions, and other reckless driving behaviors.
Can I Sue The Driver Responsible For A Bicycle Accident In Culver City?
There are two options for seeking compensation after a bicycle accident in Culver City. The first is to file a claim against the at-fault driver’s insurer. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we aggressively negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf to ensure you get the maximum amount in a settlement. If the at-fault driver is uninsured or the amount of coverage fails to adequately compensate you for your injuries, our Culver City bicycle accident attorneys can assist you in filing a lawsuit through the Los Angeles County Courts. Compensation available in this type of claim includes:
- Coverage of current medical costs and any future expenses you are likely to incur;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and for future losses in income due to long term disabilities;
- Compensation for pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience due to your injuries;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the judge may order if the at-fault driver acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
What If A Bicycle Accident Is A Hit and Run?
In an attempt to evade responsibility, it is not uncommon for drivers in bicycle accidents to attempt to flee the scene. In these cases, our legal team can take the actions needed to identify them. We revisit the accident scene, obtain footage from nearby surveillance cameras, and talk to eyewitnesses, as well as to mechanics who the driver may have gone to for repairs. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we generally handle these and other types of bicycle accident cases on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
When bicycle accidents happen, you can count on Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to help you get the compensation you need to recover. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Culver City bicycle accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.