Culver City Train Accident Attorneys
Culver City Train Accident Attorneys
Taking the train provides a convenient way for local residents to travel, but train accidents in Culver City are more common than most people think. They can happen in a variety of ways and often result in serious personal injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. Our experienced Claremont train accident attorneys are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We provide the professional legal representation you need in dealing with train companies and their insurers. Our top case results reveal settlements and jury awards totaling millions of dollars. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
When Train Accidents Happen, Get Our Culver City Train Accident Attorneys On Your Side
Many local residents rely on the E Line (Expo) train, which runs through the Culver Metro Station. Traveling between downtown Los Angeles and Santa Monica, it offers a convenient way to commute and allows passengers to connect with other train lines running throughout the area. While taking the train is a cost-effective way to travel and lets you avoid traffic, it is important to be aware of the risks. Train accidents are common and happen in a variety of ways. Even a seemingly minor crash or collision can result in serious personal injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we act as a strong legal ally on your side in this situation. Our Culver City train accident attorneys represent clients in the following types of cases:
- Train crashes, involving other trains, motorists, or collisions with fixed objects;
- Train derailments, which include accidents caused by passenger rails jumping tracks;
- Train accidents at the train station or during the boarding process, such as slips and falls;
- Train accidents that happen during your trip, such as getting struck by objects or thrown from your seat;
- Train crossing accidents, which can involve motorists, bicyclists, or pedestrians.
What Causes Train Accidents?
The Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS) reports that more than 2,000 train accidents happen each year. These represent major crashes, generating front-page headlines. Smaller but still serious train accidents happen on a regular basis and often go unreported. When a train accident in Culver City does occur, it can generally be attributed to one of the following causes:
- Reckless behavior on the part of the train conductor or engineer, such as speeding, being distracted, or operating the train while under the influence;
- Mistakes and errors on the part of other workers, such as dispatchers, signalers, railcar staff;
- Problems with the train itself or with the tracks, often due to faulty parts and improper maintenance;
- Negligence on the part of the train company, such as over-scheduling trips and failure to properly vet drivers and other employees.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we can conduct our own investigations to determine how your train accident happened and who is responsible. While you focus on recovering from your injuries, our Culver City train accident attorneys focus on holding those at-fault accountable.
How Can I Get Compensation For Train Accident Injuries?
Train companies have teams of attorneys on their side, ready to defend them and their employees against claims. To protect yourself and your rights to compensation, get our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on yours. We aggressively negotiate with insurance representatives involved on your behalf to ensure you get the compensation you need to recover from your injuries. In the event your injuries are severe or a reasonable settlement cannot be reached, our Culver City train accident attorneys will not hesitate to take your case to court. Damages you may be entitled to in a lawsuit under the California Civil Code include:
- Economic damages: These cover your actual expenses, such as your current medical bills and lost wages, as well as any future costs you are likely to incur.
- Non-economic damages: These cover intangible losses, such as pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience as a result of your injuries.
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount that may be ordered in train accident cases, where the at-fault party acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
When seeking compensation for train accident injuries, it is important to note that Harris Personal Injury Lawyers generally represent clients in these cases on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless our Culver City train accident attorneys are successful in getting compensation for you.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Schedule A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the professional legal representation you need in dealing with train companies and their employees. Our goal is to ensure you get the maximum amount you need to recover from train accident injuries. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Culver City train accident attorneys online to schedule a free consultation today.