Diamond Bar Dog Bite Attorneys
Diamond Bar Dog Bite Attorneys
Diamond Bar is a dog-friendly city. In addition to having a variety of public parks and trails to choose from, dog owners can take their furry friends to many of the stores and restaurants throughout the area. However, they are still obligated to keep their pet leashed and under control at all times. When they fail to do so and dog bites happen to you or someone you love, you can count on Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. to provide the trusted legal guidance you need. Our experienced Diamond Bar dog bite attorneys help you hold dog owners accountable for medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages you suffer. Our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Diamond Bar Dog Bite Attorneys Help You Get The Compensation You Need To Recover
Even the most mild-mannered dog can turn violent under certain circumstances. When they feel hungry, hurt, or threatened, it can cause them to lash out aggressively. To protect residents, the City of Diamond Bar municipal code requires dog owners to keep their pets leashed and under control at all times. When they fail to do so, serious personal injuries can result. At Harris Personal Injury Attorneys, we help dog bite victims get the compensation they need to need to recover in a claim. Common types of injuries suffered by clients in cases our Diamond Bar dog bite attorneys represent include:
- Deep scratches due to being jumped on or clawed during an attack, which can result in permanent scarring;
- Penetrating bite wounds, which can cause dangerous bleeding and damage to muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues;
- Tearing injuries due to the strength of the dog’s jaws, resulting in permanent disfigurement and damage to limbs;
- Infections and exposure to rabies and other diseases, due to bacteria in the dog’s mouth.
Victims of dog bites in Diamond Bar may also suffer from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). This can result in symptoms such as nightmares, anxiety, depression, and fear of being in public places for years after an attack.
Can I Hold The Dog’s Owner Responsible For Dog Bite Injuries In Diamond Bar?
Dog owners can face criminal charges for failing to follow local laws regarding the care of their pets. Under Section 3342 of the California Civil Code, they can also be held legally liable for damages victims suffer when they fail to take the following precautions:
- To keep their dogs properly restrained within their homes and property, preventing them from running loose in neighborhoods or apartment complexes;
- To warn invited guests and visitors that a potentially dangerous dog is on the premises;
- To keep them on a leash at all times when in public;
- To prevent them from jumping or taking other actions that put people at risk.
When dog owners in Diamond Bar fail in these duties, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers provide the trusted legal representation you need. We can guide you in seeking compensation either through homeowners insurance policies the dog owner has in place or by filing a dog bite lawsuit against them.
How Much Am I Entitled To In A Diamond Bar Dog Bite Claim?
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team aggressively negotiates with insurance representatives involved to help ensure you get the maximum amount in any settlements. If insurance is unavailable or your injuries are severe, our Diamond Bar dog bite attorneys will not hesitate in filing a lawsuit against the dog owner through the Los Angeles County Civil Court. Each case is different and the maximum amount you are entitled to will depend on the situation and the extent of your injuries. However, common types of compensation available for victims of dog bites in Diamond Bar include:
- Coverage of current medical expenses and compensation for any future medical costs you are likely to incur;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and any future losses in earnings and benefits in the event of long term disabilities;
- Compensation for pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life your injuries cause;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount we can push that is designed to punish the dog owner for actions on their part that were particularly willful and negligent.
It is important to note that in seeking compensation for dog bites injuries, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers generally represent clients on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today To Request A Consultation
With decades’ worth of combined experience on our side, you can count on Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, LLC. to help you get the compensation you need to recover from dog bite injuries. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Diamond Bar dog bite attorneys online today to request a free consultation.