Diamond Bar Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Diamond Bar Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Serious and potentially life-threatening personal injuries can happen due to pedestrian accidents in Diamond Bar. When they do, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. provides the professional legal representation you need to get compensation. As experienced Diamond Bar pedestrian accident attorneys, we are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help you file a claim. Our top case results show settlements and jury awards with millions of dollars. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Diamond Bar Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Help You Get Compensation For Your Injuries
Pedestrian accidents in Diamond Bar make headlines every other month. Residents also face risks when commuting to and from work, shopping, or visiting local attractions in the surrounding area. According to the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), more than 6,000 pedestrian accidents in Los Angeles County happen each year. You can count on Harris Personal Injury Lawyers when pedestrian accidents impact you or a loved one. While you focus on recovering from your injuries, our Diamond Bar pedestrian accident attorneys focus on getting you the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. Common types of injuries suffered by clients in cases we represent include:
- Back and neck injuries, such as whiplash and fractured vertebrae;
- Broken bones, which often involve multiple fractures in arms, legs, ribs, and hips;
- Burn injuries, resulting in permanent disfigurement;
- Cuts and lacerations, resulting in scarring and complete loss of use in certain body parts;
- Crushing injuries, causing internal bleeding and damage to body organs;
- Head injuries, including concussions and skull fractures;
- Soft tissue injuries, such as sprained or torn muscles and tendons;
- Spinal cord injuries, resulting in partial or complete paralysis;
- Traumatic brain injuries, resulting in permanent physical, emotional, or cognitive impairments.
What Are Common Causes Of Pedestrian Accidents In Diamond Bar?
The City of Diamond Bar takes steps design to protect the safety of pedestrians. This includes maintaining sidewalks, installing additional traffic signals, and making sure there are crosswalks at intersections. Unfortunately, while this helps reduce pedestrian accident risks, it is generally the reckless driving behaviors of motorists that are to blame. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers help you hold them accountable. Our Diamond Bar pedestrian accident attorneys help you seek compensation in a claim filed against the at-fault driver. Common causes of pedestrian accidents in cases we handle include:
- Distracted driving, which includes talking on cell phones, texting, or engaging in any activity that takes the driver’s eyes off the road and their hands off the wheel;
- Driving under the influence, which may include alcohol, illegal drugs, or medications;
- Failing to yield, a common cause of pedestrian accidents at intersections;
- Running red lights and stop signs, or disregarding other traffic signals;
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions, which increases the risk of pedestrian accidents as well as the potential for severe injuries.
How Can I Get Compensation For Pedestrian Accident Injuries?
There are two options available in seeking compensation for pedestrian accident injuries in California. The first is to file a claim against the at-fault driver’s insurer. Coverage they have in place can help offset financial losses you suffer. Our Diamond Bar pedestrian accident attorneys aggressively negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf with the goal of getting you the maximum amount in any settlements. If the at-fault driver is uninsured or if the amount of coverage fails to cover your costs, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can guide you in filing a lawsuit against them. Compensation available under the California Civil Code includes:
- Economic damages, which cover tangible costs, such as your current and future medical expenses and lost wages.
- Non-economic damages, which cover intangible losses, including pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life due to your injuries;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount we can push for if the at-fault driver acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner. Examples include driving at high rates of speed or with a high blood alcohol content (BAC) level.
What Happens In A Hit and Run Pedestrian Accident?
At-fault drivers frequently attempt to flee the scene of pedestrian accidents in Diamond Bar. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team takes the actions needed to identify them. This includes:
- Reviewing police reports;
- Obtaining more detailed statements from witnesses;
- Reviewing surveillance footage from nearby stores or traffic signals;
- Contacting local mechanics, who the driver may have gone to for vehicle repairs.
Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Free Consultation Today
You can count on Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to help you get the compensation you need when pedestrian accidents in Diamond Bar happen. We typically represent clients in these cases on a contingency basis, meaning you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Diamond Bar pedestrian accident attorneys online to request a free consultation today.