Diamond Bar Brain Injury Attorneys
Diamond Bar Brain Injury Attorneys
Residents of Diamond Bar enjoy an active lifestyle, engaging in a variety of sports and recreational activities. Unfortunately, this can increase the risk of accidents resulting in serious and potentially life-threatening brain injuries. When the reckless actions of others are to blame, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers help you hold them responsible. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our Diamond Bar brain injury attorneys provide the caring support and professional legal representation you need in filing a claim. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars for our clients. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Diamond Bar Brain Injury Attorneys Help You Get The Compensation You Need To Recover
Head injuries are one of the most common types of accidental injuries. Even in seemingly minor accidents in Diamond Bar, sudden bumps and jolts to the head can disrupt neural pathways in the brain, resulting in traumatic brain injuries (TBI). Symptoms of brain injuries may be subtle at first but can have lasting impacts. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) warns that ongoing problems victims are likely to suffer from include:
- Cognitive impairments, impacting memory, reasoning, and other thought processes;
- Language impairments, impacting your ability to communicate with others and understanding what is being said;
- Physical impairments, impacting balance, coordination, vision, and hearing;
- Emotional impairments, resulting in personality changes and increased anxiety, depression, or fits of rage.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help you hold those responsible for brain injuries you suffer accountable. While you focus on recovering from your injuries, our Diamond Bar brain injury attorneys focus on getting you the compensation you are entitled to in a claim.
What Are Common Causes Of Brain Injuries In Diamond Bar?
According to the California Department of Health, brain injuries send close to 45,000 people in Los Angeles County to hospital emergency rooms each year. When brain injuries in Diamond Bar occur, it is generally due to negligence on the part of others involved. When another person’s actions cause you to suffer personal injuries, they can be held liable for the medical expenses, lost wages, and other costs you incur as a result. Among the most common causes in cases our Diamond Bar brain injury attorneys handle include:
- Motor vehicle accidents: A leading cause of brain injuries in Diamond Bar, these can impact drivers and their passengers, as well as motorcyclists, bicyclists, and pedestrians. Reckless driving behaviors on the part of other motorists, such as speeding, running red lights, and driving distracted or under the influence, are often responsible.
- Accidents that occur on another’s property: Slips, trips, and falls or getting struck by or against objects in public places are another common cause of brain injuries in Diamond Bar. Property owners can be held liable for failing to provide proper maintenance or for not warning visitors that potentially dangerous conditions exist.
- Sports and recreational accidents: Coaches, training staff, program administrators, and others involved can be held liable for failing to provide proper instruction, safety equipment, or monitoring to prevent brain injuries in Diamond Bar from happening.
How Can I Get Compensation For Brain Injuries?
When brain injuries in Diamond Bar happen, it is important to realize that you have only one chance to get the compensation you need to cover the current and future expenses that are likely to result. There are generally two options available in seeking compensation. The first is to file a claim through insurance policies the at fault party has in place. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team can aggressively negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf, with the goal of ensuring you get the maximum amount in any settlements. If insurance is unavailable or injuries are severe, our Diamond Bar brain injury attorneys can guide you in filing a lawsuit against those at-fault. Compensation you may be entitled to under the California Civil Code includes:
- Economic damages: These cover actual costs, such as current medical bills and lost wages, as well as future expenses you are likely to incur.
- Non-economic damages: These compensate you for intangible costs, such as pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life your brain injuries cause.
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount we can pursue if the at-fault party acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner, such as driving with a high blood alcohol content (BAC) level or blatantly ignoring state safety regulations.
Reach Out and Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Free Consultation Today
Brain injuries can impact you for years into the future. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, LLC. helps you get the compensation you need to recover. We typically represent clients in these cases on a contingency basis, meaning you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. Reach out and call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Diamond Bar brain injury attorneys online to request a free consultation today.