Diamond Bar Wrongful Death Attorneys
Diamond Bar Wrongful Death Attorneys
Accidents in Diamond Bar can have tragic consequences. When a loved one dies as a result, it leaves friends and family devastated. In this type of difficult situation, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. provides the compassionate support and professional legal guidance you need. We determine who is at fault and help you hold them accountable. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our experienced Diamond Bar wrongful death attorneys help you get a sense of justice through a wrongful death claim. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars for grieving family members. To discuss your options, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Diamond Bar Wrongful Death Attorneys Are Here To Help During This Difficult Time
Losing a loved one is always hard, particularly when it occurs in an untimely manner and due to the reckless actions of others involved. While Los Angeles County Department of Health community profiles for Diamond Bar show residents enjoy overall safer conditions than neighboring cities, accidental injuries continue to be a common cause of death each year. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers provide the compassionate support you need during this difficult time. We are dedicated to helping grieving families uncover exactly how their loved one’s death happened and who is to blame. Cases our Diamond Bar wrongful death attorneys represent include:
- Car accidents;
- Truck accidents;
- Motorcycle accidents;
- Bus accidents;
- Uber and Lyft accidents;
- Pedestrian accidents;
- Bicycle accidents;
- Premises liability accidents;
- Construction site accidents;
- Accidents due to defective and dangerous products;
- Any type of accident that results in the death of your loved one.
How Do I File A Wrongful Death Claim?
Our Diamond Bar wrongful death attorneys know accidents do not just happen, but are generally due to negligence on the part of others involved. Examples include car accidents caused by speeding, distracted driving, or drunk driving and premises liability cases, in which property owners fail to take proper safety precautions or warn visitors of potential dangers. When a loved one passes as a result, you have the right to file a wrongful death claim. Depending on the circumstances, there are two general options:
- File a wrongful death claim through insurers: Insurance policies the at-fault party has in place may cover some of the expenses you incur, such as funeral costs and outstanding medical expenses.
- File a wrongful death lawsuit: When insurance is unavailable or fails to adequately compensate you for your losses, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can guide you in filing a wrongful death lawsuit through the Los Angeles County Civil Court.
Who Can File A Wrongful Death Lawsuit In Diamond Bar?
Filing a wrongful death lawsuit provides a sense of justice for the victim while ensuring surviving family members are provided for, now and in the years to come. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Diamond Bar wrongful death attorneys guide you throughout the process. Under Section 377.60 of the California Civil Code, those who may be entitled to file a wrongful death lawsuit include:
- The spouse or domestic partner of the victim;
- Their children, grandchildren, or legal wards;
- Their parents or legal guardians;
- Their siblings, grandparents, or other family members;
- Personal representatives of their estate.
How Much Is My Wrongful Death Lawsuit Worth?
No amount of money can make up for the loss of your loved one. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our goal is to ensure you get the compensation you need to recover in the aftermath. While each case is different, damages available in a wrongful death lawsuit include:
- Economic damages: These cover actual costs associated with your loss. This includes funeral expenses, outstanding medical bills, lost wages, and compensation for lost income and benefits your loved one would have otherwise earned.
- Non-economic damages: These compensate you for intangible costs. This includes pain, suffering, loss of enjoyment in life due to your loved one’s passing, and the loss of their companionship.
- Punitive damages: In cases where the at-fault party acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner, such as driving with a high blood alcohol content or blatantly disregarding safety regulations, punitive damages serve as punishment and prevent others from engaging in the same type of behavior.
When helping grieving families get the compensation they deserve, our Diamond Bar wrongful death attorneys typically work on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless our legal team gets money for you.
Reach Out And Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we offer our deepest condolences on your loss. It is our privilege to help you hold those at fault accountable and get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. Reach out and call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Diamond Bar wrongful death attorneys online to request a free consultation today.