Diamond Bar Bus Accident Attorneys
Diamond Bar Bus Accident Attorneys
Bus accidents in Diamond Bar, whether a major crash, minor collision, or an onboard mishap, can leave you suffering serious personal injuries. To get the compensation you need to recover, reach out to Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. As experienced Diamond Bar bus accident attorneys, we are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide the trusted legal guidance you need in filing a claim. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a free consultation today.
Our Diamond Bar Bus Accident Attorneys Protect Your Rights In Filing A Claim
Bus service provides a primary means of transportation for many local residents and the City of Diamond Bar offers discounted passes for both Metro and Foothills transit services. These can take you anywhere you need to go, whether locally or throughout the surrounding Los Angeles County area. For longer trips, there are charter buses that travel to popular destinations throughout the state and nearby Greyhound bus stations, which can take you across the country. While buses are generally considered a convenient and cost-effective means of transportation, it is important to be aware of the risks. Bus accidents in California are common and can leave passengers and others involved suffering serious personal injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we protect the rights of victims and their families in filing a claim. Common types of cases our Diamond Bar bus accident attorneys represent include:
- Bus crashes and collisions involving other buses, motorists, or fixed objects;
- Bus rollover accidents, which often happen when going around curves;
- Bus stop and station accidents, such as slips, trips, and falls;
- Bus accidents involving bicyclists and pedestrians;
- Boarding accidents and those that occur during your trip, such as getting thrown from your seat or struck by objects.
How Do Bus Accidents In Diamond Bar Happen?
Driving a bus is a complex skill and road, traffic, and weather conditions can all make bus accidents in Diamond Bar more likely to happen. However, according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), the underlying cause is often reckless and negligent behavior on the part of bus drivers or the bus company involved. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we conduct our own investigations into these accidents. While you focus on recovering from your injuries, our Diamond Bar bus accident attorneys focus on determining who is liable in a claim. Among the most common causes in cases we handle include;
- Reckless driving behaviors, such as speeding, tailgating, failure to yield, distracted driving, and driving under the influence;
- Lack of proper bus maintenance, which can lead to issues such as tire blow-outs and brake failures, making bus accidents more likely to happen;
- Over-scheduling of drivers, which increases the risk of both speeding and drowsy driving;
- Not properly vetting drivers, failing to provide proper training, and not penalizing them for safety violations or traffic infractions.
How Do I Get Compensation For Bus Accident Injuries?
Even a minor bus accident can cause serious personal injuries. Broken bones, muscle sprains, and potentially debilitating back, neck, head, or spinal cord injuries are all common. Why should you have to pay the costs associated with these injuries when the bus driver or bus company is to blame? At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, you can count on us to help you get the compensation you deserve. Our Diamond Bar bus accident attorneys aggressively negotiate with insurance companies involved with the goal of getting you the maximum amount in any settlements. If a reasonable amount cannot be reached or your injuries are severe, our legal team will not hesitate in taking your case to court. Under the California Civil Code, compensation you may be entitled to in a bus accident lawsuit includes:
- Economic damages: This covers actual costs associated with your bus accident injuries. It includes your current medical bills and lost wages, as well as any future treatment costs or lost income you are likely to incur.
- Non-economic damages: This covers intangible losses you suffer. It includes compensation for pain, mental anguish, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience due to your injuries.
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount we can push for if the driver or bus company acted in a particularly willful or negligent manner, such as driving intoxicated or flagrantly ignoring passenger safety regulations.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we generally represent victims of bus accidents in Diamond Bar on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. To get the compensation you need to recover, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Diamond Bar bus accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.