El Segundo Brain Injury Attorneys
El Segundo Brain Injury Attorneys
Accidents can happen in a variety of ways and even in relatively minor cases, serious personal injuries can result. Brain injuries in El Segundo are among the most common and potentially severe. When these impact you or someone you love, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers help you get the compensation you deserve. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our El Segundo brain injury attorneys provide the trusted legal representation you need in filing a claim. Our top case results reveal settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation to discuss how we can help you today.
Common Causes Of Brain Injuries In Cases Our El Segundo Brain Injury Attorneys Handle
Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) are one of the most common types of personal injuries and a leading cause of death and disability. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), close to three million people seek treatment for brain injuries in hospital emergency rooms each year. Accidents due to the reckless and negligent actions of others are often to blame. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help victims of brain injuries and their families hold those at fault accountable. Common causes in cases our El Segundo brain injuries handle include:
- Car accidents;
- Motorcycle accidents;
- Truck accidents;
- Bicycle accidents;
- Pedestrian accidents;
- Public transportation accidents;
- Premises liability accidents, such as slips and falls;
- Sports and recreational accidents;
- Construction site accidents;
- Accidents due to dangerous or defective products.
What Are The Most Common Types of Brain Injuries?
In Los Angeles County alone, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) reports that brain injuries impact close to 45,000 people each year. Accidental injuries are the leading cause. Any type of bump, blow, or jolt to the head can disrupt neural pathways, resulting in serious and potentially debilitating brain injuries in El Segundo. Among the most common types include:
- Concussion: This is when the force of a blow or shaking of the head causes the brain to slam into the hard walls of the skull.
- Diffuse axonal injury: Common in car accidents, this is when the force of movement causes the brain to shift rapidly in the skull, causing damage to brain cells;
- Edema: This is when bumps and blows to the head result in swelling of the brain tissues;
- Hematoma: This is when a bump or blow results in serious bruising of the brain, causing blood to clot and create pressure in the brain.
- Hemorrhage: This is uncontrolled bleeding in the brain.
- Skull fractures: This is when the force of a blow breaks or shatters the skull, leaving the brain vulnerable to potentially severe damage.
Serious and potentially life-threatening brain injuries can have symptoms that take hours or even days to appear. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our El Segundo brain injury attorneys encourage you to seek treatment immediately whenever a head or brain injury is suspected. Not doing so could jeopardize your health as well as your rights in a claim.
How Do I Get Compensation For Brain Injuries In El Segundo?
When brain injuries happen due to the reckless and negligent actions of others, you have the right to hold them accountable for damages you suffer as a result. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team provides the trusted legal guidance you need in filing a claim. Depending on the situation, you may be entitled to compensation through insurance policies the at-fault party has in place. Our El Segundo brain injury attorneys aggressively negotiate with representatives to get you the maximum amount in a settlement. If insurance is not available or the amount of coverage fails to cover your costs, we provide the professional legal representation you need in filing a personal injury lawsuit against them. Compensation you may be entitled to under the California Civil Code includes:
- Coverage of current medical expenses and any future treatment costs you are likely to incur;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and any future losses in income due to long term disabilities;
- Compensation for pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience as a result of brain injuries;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount we can push for if the at-fault party acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our El Segundo brain injury attorneys generally represent clients on a contingency basis. You pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
Brain injuries can impact you for years into the future. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, LLC., we help you get the compensation you need to recover. With decades’ worth of combined experience helping clients in these types of cases, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our El Segundo brain injury attorneys online and request a free consultation today.