El Segundo Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
El Segundo Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Riding a motorcycle is more a way of life than merely a means of transportation for people in our area. Bikers do need to be aware though of how often motorcycle accidents in El Segundo happen and the serious personal injuries that result. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help victims in these crashes get the compensation they are entitled to in a claim. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our El Segundo motorcycle accident attorneys have decades’ worth of combined experience successfully handling these types of claims. Our top case results show settlements and jury awards totaling millions of dollars. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation to discuss how we can help you today.
Our El Segundo Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Help You Get The Compensation You Deserve
According to the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), motorcycle accidents in El Segundo happen an average of nearly once per month and are even more frequent if you travel throughout the Los Angeles County area. With little to protect them, injuries suffered by motorcyclists and their passengers have the tendency to be severe. When the reckless actions of others are responsible, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers help you hold them accountable. While you focus on your recovery, our El Segundo motorcycle accident attorneys focus on getting you the compensation you deserve. Common types of motorcycle accident injuries suffered by clients in cases we represent include:
- Broken bones, which often involve multiple fractures of the shoulders, arms, wrists, ankles, legs, and hips;
- Crushing injuries, causing damage to doy limbs and internal organs;
- Deep cuts and lacerations, resulting in permanent scarring and disfigurement;
- Head injuries, including concussions, skull fractures, and traumatic brain injuries;
- Neck and back injuries, including whiplash and damage to vertebrae or discs;
- Road rash and burns, which are common due to contact with hot engine oils and fluids;
- Soft tissue injuries, such as torn muscles and tendons;
- Spinal cord injuries, which can result in partial or complete paralysis.
What Are Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents In El Segundo?
There are numerous group rides, rallies, and other motorcycle events in El Segundo and the surrounding areas that motorcycle enthusiasts can attend. However, whether you participate in these or simply enjoy riding on your own, you need to be aware of the risks. Despite the fact that motorcyclists have the same rights as any other road user, motorists frequently fail to give them the respect they deserve. When motorcycle accidents in El Segundo happen, it is often due to the reckless behavior of other drivers, such as:
- Distracted driving, which includes talking on cell phones, texting, or engaging in any activity that causes you to take your eyes off the road and your hands off the wheel;
- Driving under the influence, which may involve alcohol, drugs, or medications;
- Failure to yield, improper passing, tailgating, and other aggressive driving behaviors;
- Running red lights and stop signs;
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions.
When the reckless driving behaviors of others leave you suffering serious personal injuries, our El Segundo motorcycle accident attorneys provide the professional legal representation you need in filing a claim.
How Can I Get Compensation For Motorcycle Accident Injuries In El Segundo?
When motorcycle accidents in El Segundo happen, you may be entitled to compensation through insurance policies the at-fault driver has in place. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team can aggressively negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf, helping you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in a settlement. If insurance is unavailable or your injuries are severe, our El Segundo motorcycle accident attorney can assist you in filing a personal injury lawsuit against the driver. Under the California Civil Code, damages you may be entitled to include:
- Economic damages, which cover actual costs associated with a motorcycle accident. This includes property damages, current medical expenses, lost wages, and compensation for future medical care or lost income due to your injuries.
- Non-economic damages, which cover intangible costs. This includes pain, suffering, disfigurement, mental anguish, and any loss of enjoyment in life your injuries cause.
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount we can push for in cases where the at-fault driver acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner. Examples include driving at high rates of speed or having a high blood alcohol content (BAC) level.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are dedicated to helping you get the compensation you need to recover from motorcycle accident injuries. We generally represent clients in these cases on a contingency basis, meaning you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our El Segundo motorcycle accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.