El Segundo Train Accident Attorneys
El Segundo Train Accident Attorneys
Train accidents in El Segundo happen in a variety of ways. Passengers, pedestrians, and others involved can end up suffering serious personal injuries as a result. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we provide the professional legal representation you need to hold those at fault accountable. With decades worth of combined experienced, our El Segundo train accident attorneys are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help you get the compensation you need to recover in a claim. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards totaling millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. To find out how we can help you, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Cases Our El Segundo Train Accident Attorneys Represent
As one of several public transit options in the City of El Segundo, the Metro C/green line train offers residents a convenient and cost-effective way to travel. Running along Marine Avenue past LAX and through South Los Angeles to Norwalk, it allows for an easy commute and can be used to run errands or to connect to other trains throughout the Los Angeles County area. Unfortunately, when taking the train, it is important to be aware of the potential risks. Train accidents in El Segundo happen on a regular basis and can result in serious, potentially life-threatening personal injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we represent victims and their families in these types of cases. As experienced El Segundo train accident attorneys, you can count on us to determine exactly how your injuries happened and who is responsible. Common types of train accidents we handle include:
- Train crashes, involving other trains and fixed objects;
- Train derailments, in which rail cars roll over or otherwise jump the tracks;
- Train track accidents, which can involve motorists, bicyclists, or pedestrians;
- Train station accidents, such as slips, trips, and falls;
- Onboard train accidents, such as getting thrown from your seat or struck by objects.
How Do Train Accidents in El Segundo Happen?
According to statistics from the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro.net), an average of nearly 70 train accidents happen throughout the greater LA service area each year. These typically involve major crashes and do not include onboard mishaps or accidents involving pedestrians or passengers at train stations, which are sadly common. Even a relatively minor train accident can leave you suffering broken bones, deep lacerations, torn muscles or tendons, and potentially debilitating back, neck, or head injuries. More major crashes often result in permanent disabilities. While you focus on your recovery, our El Segundo train accident attorneys focus on holding those at-fault accountable. Among the most causes of train accidents in cases Harris Personal Injury Lawyers represent include:
- Recklessness on the part of the train conductor or engineer, such as speeding and driving while distracted or under the influence;
- Mistakes and errors on the part of signals, switch people, and other train company employees;
- Improper train maintenance and problems with train tracks;
Negligence on the part of the train company, such as not properly vetting employees and over scheduling trips.
How Do I Compensation In A Claim For Truck Accident Injuries In El Segundo?
Trucking companies have teams of attorneys on their side, ready to defend them and their drivers against claims. To protect yourself, get our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on yours. Our El Segundo truck accident attorneys aggressively negotiate with insurers involved on your behalf. If insurance fails to adequately cover your costs or the damages you suffer are severe, we can file a lawsuit against the trucking company and any individuals involved. Under the California Civil Code, the compensation you may be entitled to in a truck accident claim includes:
- Coverage of your current medical expenses and any future expenses, such as ongoing treatment, medications, and rehabilitation therapy;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and compensation for any future losses in income you are likely to incur due to your injuries;
- Compensation for pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount we can push for if the truck driver or the company they worked for acted in a particularly negligent manner.
How Do I File A Train Accident Claim?
When a train accident in El Segundo leaves you or someone you love with serious personal injuries, you have two general options in filing a claim. The first is to seek compensation through the train company’s insurer. To protect your rights when dealing with insurance representatives, get our legal team at Harris Personal Injury lawyers on your side. Our El Segundo train accident attorneys aggressively negotiate on your behalf with the goal of getting you the maximum amount in any settlements. If a reasonable amount cannot be reached or the injuries you suffer are severe, we will not hesitate to file a lawsuit against the train company and others involved through the Los Angeles County Court. Common types of compensation you may be entitled to in this type of claim includes:
- Coverage of current medical expenses and any future treatment costs you are likely to incur;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and compensation for future losses in income in the event of ongoing disabilities;
- Compensation for your pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount we can push for if the train company or their employees acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
In representing clients in train accident claims, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers generally work on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorneys fees unless we get money for you.
Reach Out And Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Free Consultation Today
Train companies have teams of attorneys on their side, ready to defend them against claims. To protect yourself, get our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on yours. Reach out and call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our El Segundo train accident attorneys online to request a free consultation today.