El Segundo Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
El Segundo Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Pedestrian accidents in El Segundo are unfortunately common and can leave you suffering serious personal injuries. When the reckless actions of motorists are responsible, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. provides the trusted legal guidance you need in filing a claim. As experienced El Segundo pedestrian accident attorneys, we are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our top case results show settlements and jury awards with millions of dollars. To find out how we can help you, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Injured In A Pedestrian Accident? Reach Out To Our El Segundo Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
El Segundo prides itself on its small-town feel. There are a variety of parks, promenades, and shopping plazas that are easily accessible by foot along with annual events that encourage walking, such as the El Segundo Art Walk. While the city maintains sidewalks, crosswalks, and traffic signals to protect public safety, pedestrian accidents can still happen. When they do, injuries you suffer are likely to be severe. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help you get the compensation you need to recover. Common types of injuries suffered by clients in cases our El Segundo pedestrian accident attorneys handle include:
- Back and neck injuries;
- Broken bones;
- Crushing injuries;
- Deep cuts and lacerations;
- Dislocated joints;
- Muscle sprains or tears;
- Other soft tissue injuries;
- Road rash and burns;
- Spinal cord injuries;
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI).
What Are Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents In El Segundo?
According to statistics from the California Office Of Traffic Safety (OTS), an average of nearly one person per month is injured or killed as a result of pedestrian accidents in El Segundo. In general, the Los Angeles County area is one of the most dangerous in the country in terms of risk. The reckless and negligent actions of motorists are often to blame. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our El Segundo pedestrian accident attorneys help you hold them accountable. While you focus on your recovery, we focus on getting you the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. Common causes of pedestrian accidents in cases we handle include:
- Distracted driving, such as using cellphones, texting, or engaging in other activities that divert the driver’s attention from the road;
- Driving under the influence, which can include alcohol, recreational drugs, or medications;
- Drowsy driving, which mimics the same effects as driving impaired and can cause you to fall asleep behind the wheel;
- Running red lights and ignoring crosswalks, which is common at intersections;
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions, which increases pedestrian accident risks as well as the potential for fatal injuries.
How Can I Get Compensation For Pedestrian Accident Injuries In El Segundo?
All motorists in California are required to carry a mandatory minimum amount of automobile insurance. If you are injured in a pedestrian accident in El Segundo, you have the right to seek compensation through the at-fault driver’s policy. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers aggressively negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf, with the goal of getting you the maximum amount in any settlements. If insurance is not available or fails to adequately cover your costs, our El Segundo pedestrian accident attorneys can help you file a lawsuit against the driver involved. Under the California Civil Code, compensation you may be entitled to includes:
- Economic damages: These cover actual costs, including medical bills, lost wages, and any future expenses you are likely to incur.
- Non-economic damages: These cover intangible costs, such as pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment in life due to your injuries.
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount we can push for if the driver was grossly negligent. A common example is driving with a high blood alcohol content (BAC) level.
What Should I Do If I’m Involving In A Pedestrian Hit and Run Accident?
Drivers involved in pedestrian accidents in El Segundo may attempt to avoid responsibility by leaving the scene. If you are injured in this type of crash, take the following steps:
- Notify the police immediately;
- Make note of where the accident happened and any witnesses present;
- Seek medical care for your injuries, regardless of severity;
- Contact our El Segundo pedestrian accident attorneys right away
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we can take the swift actions needed to identify hit and run drivers. This includes working with police, talking to witnesses, reviewing nearby surveillance tapes, and visiting local mechanics, who the driver may have gone to for repairs.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Free Consultation Today
Pedestrian accidents in El Segundo are common and injuries you suffer as a result can impact you for years into the future. Let Harris Personal Injury Lawyers help you get the compensation you need to recover in a claim. Give us a call at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our El Segundo pedestrian accident attorneys online to request a free consultation today.