El Segundo Bicycle Accident Attorneys
El Segundo Bicycle Accident Attorneys
The reckless actions of motorists are a common cause of bicycle accidents in El Segundo. These can leave you suffering serious, potentially life-threatening personal injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help you get the compensation you need to recover. Our El Segundo bicycle accident attorneys have decades’ worth of experience representing local residents in filing a claim. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. To find out how we can help you, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our El Segundo Bicycle Accident Attorneys Help You Get The Compensation You Are Entitled To
Bicycling is a fun hobby and provides an environmentally-friendly form of transportation for people throughout our area, but you do need to be aware of the hazards. Los Angeles County has one of the highest rates for bicycle accidents in the state. According to the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), these leave more than 3,500 people with serious personal injuries each year. With the amount of traffic in our area, residents of El Segundo are among those most at risk. When bicycle accidents in El Segundo happen, you can count on Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to provide the trusted legal guidance and professional representation you need. We are dedicated to helping injured victims get the compensation they entitled to. Common types of injuries suffered by clients in cases our El Segundo bicycle accident attorneys represent include:
- Back and neck injuries, such as whiplash, fractured vertebrae, and herniated discs;
- Broken bones and multiple fractures;
- Burn injuries and road rash;
- Concussions, skull fractures, and traumatic brain injuries;
- Crushing injuries, causing internal bleeding and damage to body organs;
- Deep cuts and lacerations, resulting in amputations, scarring, and potentially deadly infections;
- Muscle and tendon sprains, strains, and tears;
- Spinal cord injuries, causing temporary or permanent paralysis.
What Are Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents In El Segundo?
The City of El Segundo encourages bicycling as a convenient, cost-effective form of transportation and is dedicated to protecting the safety of cyclists. There are currently more than six miles of bicycle lanes and trails running through the area, with additional paths, better lighting, and increased traffic signals planned. While these types of improvements help to reduce the risks, reckless behavior on the part of motorists is the most common cause of bicycle accidents in El Segundo. This includes:
- Aggressive driving, such as tailgating bicyclists and failing to yield;
- Driving distracted, such as using cell phones and texting while behind the wheel;
- Driving under the influence, which includes alcohol, drugs, and prescription medications;
- Failing to check rear view mirrors before opening car doors or when making turns;
- Running red lights or stop signs and disregarding other traffic signals;
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions, which increases the risk of fatal bicycle accident injuries
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the professional legal representation you need. You can count on our El Segundo bicycle accidents to determine exactly what happened and who can be held accountable in a claim.
How Can I Get Compensation For Bicycle Accident Injuries?
Bicycle accident injuries are often severe. While you focus on your recovery, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers focuses on getting you the compensation you deserve. This may involve filing a claim through the at-fault driver’s insurance company. Our legal team aggressively negotiates with insurance representatives on your behalf, with the goal of getting you the maximum amount in any settlements. If the driver is uninsured or your injuries are severe, our El Segundo bicycle accident attorneys will not hesitate to file a personal injury lawsuit against them. Compensation you may be entitled to in this type of claim includes:
- Coverage of current medical expenses and any ongoing costs you are likely to incur;
- Reimbursement for current lost wages and any future losses in income you are likely to suffer due to your injuries;
- Compensation for pain, suffering, scarring, disfigurement, and loss of enjoyment in life in the aftermath of your bicycle accident;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount we can push for if the at-fault driver was particularly negligent, such as having a high blood alcohol content (BAC) level.
Involved in a hit and run bicycle accident? You can count on Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to take the legal actions needed to bring the driver to justice.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today To Request A Free Consultation
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are dedicated to helping you get compensation for bicycle accidents in El Segundo. We generally represent clients on a contingency basis, meaning you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our E Segundo bicycle accident attorneys online today to request a free consultation.