El Segundo Slip And Fall Attorneys
El Segundo Slip And Fall Attorneys
Slips and falls in El Segundo are common in public places and can leave victims suffering serious personal injuries. When the reckless and negligent actions of property owners are to blame, you can count on Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. to provide the professional legal representation you need to hold them accountable. As experienced El Segundo slip and fall attorneys, we are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide the trusted legal guidance you need in filing a claim. With decades’ worth of combined experience, our top case resultsreveal settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. To find out how we can help you, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our El Segundo Slip And Fall Attorneys Help You Get The Compensation You Need To Recover
Residents of El Segundo live an active lifestyle and there are plenty of things to see and do when you are out and about in the local area. However, whether you go to the beach, museums, or shopping plazas such as The Point, it is important to take precautions to prevent personal injuries from happening. Slips and falls in El Segundo are common and even a seemingly minor incident can cause you serious harm. When this type of accident happens, it is important to reach out to Harris Personal Injury Lawyers right away. As experienced El Segundo slip and fall attorneys, we can help you get compensation for the medical expenses, lost wages, and other costs you incur in the aftermath. Common types of slip and fall injuries suffered by clients in cases we represent include:
- Broken bones, such as wrist, ankle, hip, and pelvic fractures;
- Head injuries, such as concussion and skull fractures;
- Injuries involving the back and neck, such as damage to vertebrae and herniated discs,
- Soft tissue injuries, such as muscles, tendon, or ligament sprains, strains, and tears;
- Spinal injuries, causing damage to the spinal cord and resulting in partial or complete paralysis;
- Traumatic brain injuries, resulting in permanent physical, emotional, or cognitive impairments.
What Are Common Causes of Slips and Falls In El Segundo?
According to the Los Angeles County Department of Health, slips and falls are the number one cause of personal injuries in our area, sending as many as 30,000 people to local hospital emergency rooms each year. In the majority of cases, negligence on the part of the property owner is to blame. Among the most common causes include:
- Wet, slippery floors;
- Torn carpeting and chipped flooring tiles;
- Uneven sidewalks and walkways;
- Cluttered aisles;
- Lack of proper landscaping;
- Lack of proper lighting;
- Lack of handrails on steps or guardrails at heights.
As experienced El Segundo slip and fall attorneys, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers help you hold property owners accountable when you suffer serious injuries as a result of the above or other causes. While you focus on your recovery, we focus on taking the actions needed in filing a claim.
How Can I Get Compensation For Slip and Fall Injuries In El Segundo?
Under Section 1001 of the California Civil Jury Instructions (CACI), property owners owe a duty of care to properly maintain the premises and to warn visitors and invited guests of potential dangers that exist. When they fail in this duty, they can be held liable for personal injuries that occur as a result. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team can guide you in the best course of action in seeking compensation. We aggressively negotiate with insurance companies involved on your behalf with the goal of getting you the maximum amount in a settlement. If your injuries are severe or a reasonable settlement can not be reached, we will not hesitate to take the property owner to court. Compensation you may be entitled to in a slip and fall accident lawsuit includes:
- Economic damages, which cover tangible costs. This includes your current medical bills and lost wages as well as any future expenses you are likely to incur.
- Non-economic damages, which cover intangible costs. This includes compensation for pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience as a result of your injuries.
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount we can push for if the property owner acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today To Request A Free Consultation
Slip and fall injuries can impact you for years into the future. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are dedicated to helping you get the compensation you need to recover. Our legal team typically works on a contingency basis, meaning you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today or contact our El Segundo slip and fall accident attorneys online to request a free consultation.