El Segundo Wrongful Death Attorneys
El Segundo Wrongful Death Attorneys
The death of a loved one is always hard on surviving family members. It is particularly tragic when it happens in an untimely manner and due to the reckless actions of others involved. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. we help you determine exactly what happened and who can be held responsible. Our El Segundo wrongful death attorneys have decades’ worth of experience serving families in the local community. You can count on us to provide the caring support and trusted legal guidance you need during this difficult time. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars in wrongful death cases. While no amount of money can bring back your loved one, our goal is to provide you with a sense of justice while ensuring you are provided for in the years to come. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today.
Our El Segundo Wrongful Death Attorneys Are Here To Help You
Under Section 377.60-62 of the California Civil Code, a wrongful death is one that occurs due to the wrongful acts or negligent behavior of others involved. It is one of the most common causes of death in El Segundo and leaves thousands of families in our area devastated each year. When you lose a loved one in this manner, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers provides the compassionate care and professional legal representation you need. We hold those at fault accountable for their actions, regardless of whether any type of criminal charges are filed in the case. Our E Segundo wrongful death attorneys help people who have lost loved ones due to the following:
- Car, truck, and motorcycle accidents;
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents;
- Fatal accidents involving buses, trains, and other types of public transit;
- Premises liability accidents, such as slips and falls;
- Construction site accidents, such as getting struck by or against objects;
- Product liability cases, in which fatal injuries occur due to dangerous or defective products.
Who Can File A Wrongful Death Claim?
When a wrongful death in El Segundo happens, you may be entitled to file a claim either through insurance companies involved or via a wrongful death lawsuit filed through the Los Angeles County Civil Court. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our El Segundo wrongful death attorneys act as strong legal advocates on your behalf, guiding you in the best course of action. Those who may be entitled to file a wrongful death claim include:
- The spouse or domestic partner of the victim;
- Their children, grandchildren, or legal wards;
- Their parents or legal guardians;
- Personal representatives of their estate;
- Anyone else otherwise entitled to inherit from them.
How Much Is A Wrongful Death Lawsuit Worth?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), close to 200,000 people are killed in accidents each year. Lifetime costs associated with wrongful death total more than $200 billion. While nothing can bring back your loved one or ease the grief you are experiencing, our El Segundo wrongful death attorneys are dedicated to ensuring you get the compensation you need to recover. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team can aggressively negotiate with insurers on your behalf with the goal of getting you the maximum amount in a settlement. If insurance is unavailable or fails to adequately cover your losses, we will not hesitate to file a wrongful death lawsuit against those responsible. While each case is different, common types of compensation available in this type of claim include:
- Economic damages: These cover tangible costs associated with your loved one’s death, such as funeral expenses, outstanding medical bills, and lost wages. It also compensates you for future losses in earnings and benefits your loved ones would have otherwise earned.
- Non-economic damages: These cover intangible losses. It includes compensation for the pain and suffering you experience due to your loved one’s passing, as well as loss of companionship and enjoyment in life in the aftermath.
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount we can push for in cases where the at-fault party was particularly willful and negligent. Examples include car accidents in which the driver had a high blood alcohol content (BAC) level or premises liability cases in which the property owner blatantly ignored safety regulations. Punitive damages punish the at-fault party and discourage others from engaging in the same behavior.
To Request A Free Consultation, Reach Out And Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide grieving families with a sense of justice while helping to ensure they are provided for in the years to come. We typically represent clients on a contingency basis, meaning you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. To request a free consultation, reach out and call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our El Segundo wrongful death attorneys online today.