El Segundo Dog Bite Attorneys
El Segundo Dog Bite Attorneys
Dogs provide a source of comfort and companionship but they also come with certain responsibilities. When dog owners fail to properly control their pets, potentially serious dog bites and attacks in El Segundo can happen as a result. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help injured victims in these cases get the compensation they are entitled to in a claim. As experienced El Segundo dog bite attorneys, we are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide the trusted legal guidance you need. Our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. If you are the victim of a dog bite in El Segundo, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our El Segundo Dog Bite Attorneys Help You Hold Negligent Pet Owners Accountable
The City of El Segundo has strict rules when it comes to owning a dog, which are meant to protect the public safety. When dog owners disregard these rules, innocent people can end up suffering serious personal injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the professional legal representation you need in filing a claim. With decades’ worth of combined experienced, our El Segundo dog bite attorneys help you hold negligent pet owners accountable for the following:
- For failing to control their pets in public places;
- For allowing them to run off leash in public parks and other settings;
- For failing to properly restrain them in neighborhoods and apartment complexes;
- For failing to warn visitors that a potentially dangerous dog is on the premises.
What Are Common Types of Dog Bite Injuries?
The American Vetinary Assoiation (AVA) warns that even the most docile dog can turn vicious when hurt, angry, threatened, hungry, or surprised. More than 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs each year, with nearly a quarter of these resulting in injuries severe enough as to require emergency medical care. When dog bites in El Segundo happen, it is important to notify the police immediately and to get a description of both the dog and their owner. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our El Segundo dog bite attorneys can help you hold the owner accountable for medical expenses, lost wages, and other costs you incur as a result. Common types of injuries suffered by clients in cases we represent include:
- Claw marks and scratches, which can result in scarring and infections;
- Crushing injuries, in which the force of the dog’s jaws causes loss of limbs or other body parts;
- Puncture wounds, in which the dog’s teeth penetrate soft tissues and internal organs;
- Defensive wounds, such as broken bones and muscles strains suffered while trying to fight the dog off.
In addition to the physical wounds you suffer, dog bites in El Segundo can cause serious emotional harm as well. Post-traumatic stress is common in the aftermath of an attack, resulting in increased anxiety, depression, and sleep disorders.
How Can I Get Compensation For Dog Bites In El Segundo?
Under Section 3342 of the California Civil Code, dog owners can be held liable for injuries others suffer as a result of their pets, even if the dog showed no aggressive tendencies in the past. In some cases, you may be entitled to compensation through homeowner’s or renters insurance policies they have in place. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team aggressively negotiates with insurance representatives on your behalf with the goal of getting you the maximum amount in a settlement. If insurance is unavailable or your injuries are severe, our El Segundo dog bite attorneys will not hesitate to take the dog owner to court. Common types of compensation for dog bites available through a personal injury lawsuit includes:
- Economic damages: These cover actual costs. This includes your current medical bills and lost wages, as well as any future medical expenses and losses in income you are likely to incur.
- Non-economic damages: These cover intangible costs. This includes compensation for pain, suffering, disfigurement, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience due to your injuries.
- Punitive damages: In cases where the dog owner was particularly willful and negligent, this is an additional amount we can push for that is designed to punish them for their actions.
To Get Compensation For Dog Bites In El Segundo, Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
Dog bites in El Segundo can impact you for years into the future but you only have one chance to seek compensation in a claim. To get the maximum amount you are entitled to, get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on your side. We generally represent victims in these cases on a contingency basis, meaning you pay no attorney fees unless we get compensation for you. To discuss your options in filing a claim, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our El Segundo dog bite attorneys online and request a free consultation today.