Glendale Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Glendale Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Bicycling is a popular hobby and a convenient, environmentally friendly way to get around Glendale. Unfortunately, the reckless actions of other road users can put you at risk. When bicycle accidents happen, the injuries you suffer can be severe. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. helps victims and their families hold those at fault accountable. Our Glendale bicycle accident attorneys are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, providing the trusted legal representation you need when filing a claim. Check out our top case results, which show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars for clients in similar cases. To find out how we can help you, contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Get Our Glendale Bicycle Accident Attorneys On Your Side
The City of Glendale encourages residents to rely on bicycling not only for fun and physical fitness but as a primary means of transportation. Unfortunately, despite added bike lanes and other improvements, bicyclists remain one of the most vulnerable road users. When bicycle accidents happen, it is often the reckless actions of motorists which are ultimately to blame. This includes:
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions;
- Running red lights, ignoring crosswalks, and disregarding other traffic signals;
- Opening car doors on side streets, without looking for bicyclists who may be approaching;
- Not looking before making turns, either colliding with those in bike lanes or riders approaching from the opposite direction;
- Being distracted, which can cause motorists to swerve and strike bicyclists alongside them;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or medications.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we act as a strong legal advocate on the side of victims and their families in holding at fault drivers accountable. While you focus on your recovery, our Glendale bicycle accident attorneys focus on getting you the compensation you are entitled to in a claim.
What Are Common Types of Bicycle Accident Injuries?
According to statistics from the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), close to 50 bicycle accidents in Glendale occur each year. This averages to more than four per month. With little to protect them, even a relatively minor bicycle accident can result in major harm. Common types of injuries in cases our Glendale bicycle accident attorneys represent include:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as torn muscles or tendons;
- Deep cuts and lacerations;
- Broken bones and dislocated joints;
- Road rash and burns due to contact with hot engine oils or parts;
- Crushing injuries, causing damage to internal organs;
- Back and neck injuries, including whiplash, herniated discs, and damage to vertebrae;
- Head injuries, resulting in concussion and traumatic brain injuries (TBI);
- Spinal cord injuries, causing partial or complete paralysis.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the trusted legal guidance you need in this situation. It is important to realize you have only one chance to get the compensation you need to recover. Our goal is to ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in your claim.
How Can I Get The Compensation I Need To Recover?
When a bicycle accident happens, our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can assist you in filing a claim against the at-fault driver’s insurance. We thoroughly investigate your case, gather the evidence needed to support your claim, and aggressively negotiate with insurers on your behalf. In the event an insurance settlement cannot be reached, the other driver is uninsured, or your injuries are severe, our Glendale bicycle accident attorneys can guide you in filing a personal injury lawsuit. Compensation you may be entitled to under the California Civil Code includes:
- Economic damages, which cover the actual costs associated with your bicycle accident. This includes your current medical expenses and lost wages, as well as any future treatments or losses in earnings you are likely to incur.
- Non-economic damages, which cover intangible costs. This includes the pain and suffering your accident caused and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience as a result.
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the judge may order in cases where the driver acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
What Happens When A Bicycle Accident Involves A Hit and Run Driver?
It is not uncommon for drivers to flee the scene in the aftermath of a bicycle accident. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we take the actions needed to identify them so they can be held accountable. This includes interviewing witnesses, reviewing nearby security footage, and putting the word out within the local community. As experienced Glendale bicycle accident attorneys, we generally work on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get compensation for you.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and Request a Consultation Today
Our number one priority at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers is getting you the compensation you need to recover. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Glendale bicycle accident attorneys online today.