Glendale Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Glendale Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Pedestrian accidents in Glendale are all too common. When they occur, injuries victims suffer as a result are often severe. In the majority of cases, it is the reckless actions of motorists that are often to blame. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we provide the trusted legal representation you need to get compensation in a claim. With decades of combined experience, our Glendale pedestrian accident attorneys act as a strong legal advocate on your side. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of clients. To find out how we can help in your case, contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Get Our Glendale Pedestrian Accident Attorneys On Your Side
The California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) reports that close to 100 pedestrians are injured or killed as a result of crashes and collisions involving motor vehicles in our immediate area each year. This ranks us near the top ten in the state in terms of pedestrian accident risks. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we protect the rights of injured victims in these cases. As experienced Glendale pedestrian accident attorneys, we are a strong ally on your side when you suffer injuries due to the reckless behaviors of others on the road. Common causes of pedestrian accidents in cases we represent include:
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions;
- Running red lights, ignoring stop signs, and disregarding other traffic signals;
- Aggressive driving, such as failure to yield at crosswalks;
- Distracted driving, such as using cell phones, texting, or changing GPS settings;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, marijuana, illegal ‘street’ drugs, or prescription and over the counter medications;
- Drowsy driving, which mimics the same effects as driving impaired.
What Are Common Types of Pedestrian Accident Injuries?
Pedestrian accidents in Glendale can involve cars, trucks, and motorcycles, as well as bicyclists and scooter riders. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), they impact more than 135,000 people throughout the U.S. each year. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, common types of injuries suffered by clients our Glendale pedestrian accident attorneys represent include:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as muscle or tendon strains, sprains, and tears;
- Broken bones and dislocated joints;
- Severe cuts and lacerations due to sharp metal and broken glass;
- Road rash and burns due to contact with hot metal or engine oils;
- Back and neck injuries, such as whiplash, herniated discs, and fractured vertebrae;
- Head injuries, including concussion and traumatic brain injuries (TBI);
- Spinal cord injuries, which can cause partial or complete paralysis.
What Are My Rights In Filing A Pedestrian Accident Lawsuit?
When you suffer pedestrian accident injuries as a result of the reckless actions of others, you have the right to seek compensation in a claim. Our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can guide you in the options available. The first step is often to file a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurer. Our Glendale pedestrian accident attorneys aggressively negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf while gathering the evidence needed to support your claim. If the at-fault driver is uninsured or your injuries are severe, we can guide you in filing a personal injury lawsuit. Common types of compensation you may be entitled to under the California Code include:
- Economic damages: These cover tangible costs, such as your current medical expenses and lost wages, as well as any future costs you are likely to incur as a result of your injuries;
- Non-economic damages: These cover intangible costs, such as your pain, suffering, mental anguish, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience as a result of your pedestrian accident.
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount the judge may order in cases where the at-fault driver acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
What If A Pedestrian Accident Is A Hit and Run?
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our goal is to ensure you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in your pedestrian accident claim. We typically handle these cases on a contingency basis, meaning you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. In the event of a hit and run, actions our Glendale pedestrian accident attorneys can take to identify the at-fault driver include:
- Working with local law enforcement to get the word out in the community;
- Interviewing witnesses from the scene and reviewing nearby surveillance camera footage;
- Talking to local repair mechanics, where the driver may have taken the vehicle for repairs.
Reach Out and Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request a Free Consultation
To ensure you get the compensation you are entitled to when a pedestrian accident occurs, get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on your side. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Glendale pedestrian accident attorneys online to request a free consultation today.