Glendale Truck Accident Attorneys
Glendale Truck Accident Attorneys
Glendale is bordered by two major interstates. As a result, residents can expect to encounter semi-trucks, tractor-trailers, and other big rigs during their commute and when traveling throughout the area. This also makes truck accidents more common as well. When they occur, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. helps you get the compensation you need to recover. Our experienced Glendale truck accident attorneys are here 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide the aggressive legal representation you need when filing a claim. Our top case results point to our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Glendale Truck Accident Attorneys Protect You When Crashes and Collisions Occur
Close to 5,000 fatal truck accidents are reported each year throughout the country. According to statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), close to ten percent of these occur in California. Alongside traffic fatalities, truck crashes and collisions leave thousands of people throughout our area with serious injuries. Residents of Glendale at an increased risk. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we represent truck accident victims and their families. We protect your rights and help you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in your claim. Common types of cases our Glendale truck accident attorneys handle include:
- Under ride crashes: When truckers make sudden stops or pull out in front of you in traffic, it can cause rear-end collisions in which your vehicle goes completely under the trailer.
- Rollover accidents: Trucks can roll over when making turns or going around curves in the road, impacting drivers in other lanes.
- Runaway truck accidents: These can happen when trucks lose control while going down steep hills.
- Jackknife accidents: As a result of the truck driver slamming on the brakes, the trailer can run up along the side of the cab at a ninety-degree angle, endangering nearby motorists.
- Sideswipe truck accidents: These often happen as a driver attempts to pass other motorists.
- T-bone crashes: One of the most dangerous types of collisions, these generally occur at intersections or forks in the road.
- Head-on collisions: A particularly deadly type of truck accident, these often happen on freeways and near exit or entrance ramps.
Who Is To Blame For Truck Accidents?
Motorists need to take precautions when sharing the road with truck drivers. This includes giving them plenty of space, using caution when passing, and staying out of ‘no-zones’, which are large blind spots running in front, behind, and along each side of the truck. While you can take precautions to reduce your risks, it is often the reckless and negligent actions of others which are ultimately to blame for truck accidents. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), common causes include:
- Reckless behavior on the part of the truck driver, such as speeding, aggressive driving, and driving while distracted or under the influence;
- A lack of proper training, which makes truck drivers less likely to respond appropriately to unexpected road, weather, or traffic conditions;
- Poor truck maintenance, increasing the risks of tire blowouts, brake failures, and other malfunctions;
- Improper loading, which can create an imbalance resulting in swerving and overturns;
- Negligent trucking companies, such as not properly vetting drivers, requiring overly demanding schedules, and not providing regular breaks, increasing truck accident risks.
As experienced Glendale truck accident attorneys, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can thoroughly investigate your case. We determine who is responsible for your truck accident and hold them accountable in a claim.
How Much Am I Entitled To In A Truck Accident Claim?
The amount of compensation you are entitled to in a truck accident claim varies based on the situation and severity of your injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team is dedicated to getting you the maximum amount you deserve. As experienced Glendale truck accident attorneys, we aggressively negotiate with insurers representing the truck driver and the trucking company they work for. If a reasonable settlement cannot be reached, we will not hesitate to file a lawsuit against them. Under the California Civil Code, damages you may be entitled to in a Glendale truck accident claim include:
- Economic damages, which cover your actual costs, including medical costs, lost wages, and any future expenses you incur due to ongoing disabilities;
- Non-economic damages, which compensate you for the pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment in life you experience as a result of your truck accident;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount that may be ordered if the truck driver or trucking company acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
Reach Out And Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Schedule A Free Consultation
Harris Personal Injury Lawyers acts as a strong ally on your side when dealing with trucking companies and their insurers. Let us help you get the compensation you need to recover. Reach out and call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Glendale truck accident attorneys online to schedule a free consultation today.