Glendale Wrongful Death Attorneys
Glendale Wrongful Death Attorneys
Dealing with the death of a loved one is one of life’s most difficult challenges. When it occurs as a result of another’s reckless or negligent actions, it is particularly hard to bear. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we provide the caring, compassionate service and aggressive legal representation you need during this challenging time. Let us help you hold those at fault accountable through a wrongful death claim. As experienced Glendale wrongful death attorneys, we have decades worth of combined experience protecting the rights of victims and their surviving family members. Our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars in wrongful death claims. While no amount of money can ease your suffering, we can help you get a sense of justice and ensure you are provided for in a way your loved one would have wanted. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Glendale Wrongful Death Attorneys Are Here To Help When Tragedy Strikes
Glendale is a generally safe community. Statistics from the Los Angeles County Department of Health show that overall, residents enjoy an active, healthy lifestyle and have relatively long life spans compared to some surrounding areas. However, accidents are a regular occurrence and can occur in a variety of situations. Unfortunately, injuries victims suffer as a result can end up proving fatal. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the trusted legal guidance and support you need when tragedy strikes. By investigating the details surrounding the accident, we can help determine how it happened and who is ultimately responsible. Common causes of fatal injuries in cases our Glendale wrongful death attorneys represent include:
- Motor vehicle accidents;
- Motorcycle accidents;
- Accidents involving trucks or other commercial vehicles;
- Pedestrian accidents;
- Bicycling accidents;
- Accidents involving buses, Uber/Lyft drivers, or other forms of public transportation;
- Premises liability cases, such as slips and falls or getting struck by objects in public places;
- Sports and recreational accidents;
- Product liability cases;
- On the job accidents;
- Deaths that occur as a result of random acts of violence or domestic abuse.
Who Can Be Held Responsible For My Loved One’s Death?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that nearly 200,000 people lose their lives as a result of accidents each year. While these may have occurred unintentionally, knowing that a friend or family member’s passing could have been avoided makes the situation even more tragic. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our experienced Glendale wrongful death attorneys help you determine who is ultimately responsible. This may include:
- Reckless drivers, who engage in behavior such as speeding, running red lights, distracted driving, and driving under the influence;
- Negligent property owners, for failing to properly maintain the premises or to warn visitors that dangers exist;
- Employers, supervisors, and managers, who may have failed to properly supervise their employees or ensure the safety of workers and clients;
- Product manufacturers, for failing to pull dangerous products or to warn consumers of potential risks.
Anyone whose negligent actions contributed in any way to your loved one’s passing can be held accountable in a wrongful death claim.
Who Is Entitled To File A Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
Filing a wrongful death claim can help to punish those at fault. It also affords a sense of justice for the victim while ensuring their family members are provided for now and in the years to come. Under Section 377.60 of the California Code of Civil Procedure, those who may be entitled to file a wrongful death lawsuit include:
- Spouses and domestic partners of the person who passed;
- Their children, step-children, and legal wards;
- Their parents, grandparents, legal guardians, or other blood relatives;
- The victim’s personal representative or anyone who would have been entitled to inherit from their estate.
How Much Is My Wrongful Death Claim Worth?
The exact amount you may be entitled to in a wrongful death claim varies depending on the specific situation and how your loved one’s passing occurred. Our legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers will work with you to ensure you get the maximum amount you deserve. As experienced Glendale wrongful death attorneys, common types of compensation we are likely to pursue includes:
- Economic damages, which cover your actual losses, including outstanding medical expenses, lost wages, and future losses in earnings and benefits;
- Non-economic damages, which cover intangible costs, such as pain, suffering, loss of enjoyment in life, and loss of companionship;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount the judge may order in cases where the at-fault party acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Consultation Today
When the reckless actions of others result in the death of a loved one, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. is here to help you hold them accountable. You can count on us 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Glendale wrongful death attorneys online and request a free consultation today.