Glendale Train Accident Attorneys
Glendale Train Accident Attorneys
Taking the train provides a convenient way to get around Glendale and avoiding traffic tie-ups in LA. Many residents rely on trains to take them on scenic trips or to destinations across the country as well. Few are aware of how often train accidents happen or the injuries that can occur as a result. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help victims in these cases get the compensation they need to recover. Our experienced Glendale train accident attorneys guide you in holding those responsible for your injuries accountable in a claim. Our top case results show our success in obtaining settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. To get the legal guidance you need when a train accident occurs, contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Glendale Train Accident Attorneys Help You Get Compensation For Your Injuries
California has one of the highest rates for train accidents in the country. According to the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), more than 60 train accidents are reported in our state each year. This averages to roughly five each month. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help victims and their families get compensation when injuries occur as a result. Common types of cases our train accident attorneys represent include:
- Train accidents involving collisions with other trains, vehicles, or fixed objects;
- Train accidents caused by jumping tracks;
- Train overturn accidents, which can be caused by speeding and unbalanced loads;
- Train station accidents, due to hazards on the platform or at other areas;
- On board incidents, such as falls during boarding, getting thrown from your seat, or being struck by objects.
Who Is Responsible For Injuries I Suffer In A Train Accident?
The local Metrolink station provides residents of Glendale with commuter service while Amtrak offers trips throughout the state and across the country. When problems arise with either carrier, it is important to report it immediately. Police are automatically summoned for major train accidents, but even seemingly minor mishaps can leave you suffering serious personal injuries. These can impact your health and financial security for years to come. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we protect your rights in filing a claim. Our experienced Glendale train accident attorneys hold those responsible for your injuries accountable. This may include:
- Train engineers, who engage in speeding, driving under the influence, and other reckless behaviors;
- Train signalers and other employees, for failing to take the proper precautions to prevent accidents;
- Train attendants, for failing to properly store items or assist passengers;
- Train station managers, for failing to address dangerous conditions;
- Train companies, for failing to provide oversight and negligence in safety protocols;
- Train industry manufacturers, for defective tracks or other parts.
What Are My Options In Seeking Compensation?
When a train accident occurs, your first option in seeking compensation is generally to file an insurance claim with the train company involved. Before making any statements or signing any documents, speak to our experienced Glendale train accident attorney first. For train company insurers, the goal is to protect profits. It is not uncommon for them to either deny claims or offer victims far less than what they deserve. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team can help ensure you get the maximum amount in your claim. Actions we take on your behalf include:
- Conducting our own investigation into your case;
- Gathering evidence, including police reports, witness statements, and security footage;
- Consulting with train accident reconstruction experts;
- Obtaining statements from your doctor regarding your injuries and prognosis for recovery;
- Aggressively negotiating with train company insurers so that you get the amount you need to recover in your settlement.
In the event an insurance settlement cannot be reached or your injuries are severe, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers will not hesitate to file a lawsuit against the train company or others involved.
How Much Am I Entitled To In A Train Accident Claim?
As experienced train accident attorneys, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers typically works on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. While each case is different, compensation you may be entitled to under the Calfornia Civil Code for train accident injuries includes:
- Medical expenses: This covers your current costs and any future care you are likely to require;
- Lost wages: In addition to current lost wages, this includes future losses in income or benefits due to ongoing disabilities;
- Pain and suffering: You are entitled to compensation for pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment you experience due to your injuries;
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount the judge may order if the train company acted in a particularly negligent manner.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Free Consultation Today
Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. provides the aggressive legal representation you need when dealing with train companies and their insurers. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Glendale train accident attorneys online today.