Glendale Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Glendale Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Uber and Lyft provide a convenient and cost-effective alternative to relying on your own vehicle for trips in or around Glendale and throughout the Los Angeles area. However, while once considered one of the safest ways to travel, there are increasing concerns about Uber or Lyft accidents and the potential dangers passengers face. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help victims in these cases get the compensation they are entitled to in a claim. Our Glendale Uber and Lyft accident attorneys provide the aggressive legal representation you need to hold drivers and the companies they work for accountable. Our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Cases Our Glendale Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys Represent
Amid increasing controversy and concern over ride-sharing services and passenger safety, Uber issued an executive safety report in 2019. In it, the company claims to have been involved in 107 fatal accidents over the course of the previous two years, a figure that puts it far below the average. However, this fails to accounts for other ride-sharing services or the total amount of related accidents and injuries which happen each year. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we defend the rights of passengers when ride-sharing accidents impact you or someone you love. As experienced Glendale Uber and Lyft accident attorneys, cases we represent include the following:
- Single vehicle Uber and Lyft accidents involving collisions with guardrails, median strips, or other fixed objects;
- Crashes involving Uber or Lyft drivers and other motorists on the road;
- Mishaps that occur during Uber or Lyft trips, such as sudden stops and being thrown from your seat;
- Injuries due to ride-sharing related pedestrian or bicyclist accidents;
- Altercations involving Uber and Lyft drivers or other passengers.
How Do Uber and Lyft Accidents Happen?
While hiring guidelines for Lyft and Uber drivers place a heavy emphasis on passenger safety, the fact is that these are not always enforced or monitored on a regular basis. As a result, ride-sharing passengers end up facing increased accident risks. Among the most common causes of injuries in cases our Glendale Uber and Lyft accident attorneys represent include:
- Reckless behavior on the part of Uber or Lyft drivers, such as speeding and driving distracted or under the influence.
- A lack of proper driving screening or monitoring, which allows drivers with a history of traffic violations or violent behavior to remain on the road.
- Over scheduling, which increases the risk of speeding and drowsy driving accidents.
- Failure to properly maintain vehicles used to provide ride-sharing services, putting passengers and other motorists at risk.
When ride-sharing accidents happen due to the above or other reasons, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers helps you hold drivers and the companies they work for accountable in a claim.
How Do I File A Claim Against Uber or Lyft?
Under Section 1714 of the California Code, everyone can be held responsible both for taking actions that cause injuries to others or for failing to take precautions that could have prevented injuries from occurring. Uber and Lyft are not exempt. When a ride-sharing accident happens, you may be able to hold both the driver and the company they work for responsible. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Glendale Uber and Lyft accident attorneys can guide you in your options:
- File an insurance claim: You may be able to file a claim against the ride-sharing driver’s insurer, as well as against policies provided through Uber and Lyft. Both heavily promote their million-dollar insurance coverage. Our legal team aggressively negotiates with insurance representatives on your behalf, to ensure you get the maximum amount in any settlements offered.
- File a personal injury lawsuit: In cases where injuries are severe or an insurance settlement is not an option, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can guide you in filing a lawsuit against the driver and/or the ride-sharing company. This often entitles you to additional amounts not available through insurance, including coverage of current and future medical costs and lost wages, as well as compensation for the pain and suffering your Uber or Lyft accident caused.
How Much Does it Cost To Hire a Glendale Uber and Lyft Accident Attorney?
Ride-sharing companies have teams of attorneys working on their side to defend them against claims. Get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers working on yours. Our Glendale Uber and Lyft accident attorneys typically work on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you.
To Request A Free Consultation, Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today
Harris Personal Injury Lawyers is dedicated to getting you the maximum amount you need to recover after a ride-sharing accident. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Glendale Uber and Lyft accident attorneys online today.