Glendale Dog Bite Attorneys
Glendale Dog Bite Attorneys
Dogs make great family pets and can provide a trusted source of companionship and security. However, owning a dog comes with certain responsibilities. When dog owners fail to leash their pets or provide proper fencing on their property, serious dog bite injuries can occur as a result. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. we represent victims in these cases, holding dog owners accountable for the harm you suffer. Our experienced Glendale dog bite attorneys are dedicated to helping you get the compensation you need to recover in a claim. For clients who are victims of dog bites and attacks, our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help in your case. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today and request a free consultation today.
Our Glendale Dog Bite Attorneys Help You Get Compensation For Your Injuries
Dogs are popular pets in Glendale, welcome in parks and various establishments, but it is vitally important that owners to take the appropriate precautions to prevent dog bites and attacks. According to the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA), nearly five million people are bitten by dogs across the country each year. Even the mildest mannered dog may bite if it is scared, hungry, hurt, or feels provoked for any reason. When a dog bite happens, victims can suffer serious, disfiguring, and even life-threatening injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we hold dog owners accountable. Our Glendale dog bite attorneys help you get the compensation you need to recover from the following:
- Deep scratches and lacerations caused by the dog’s claws, which can result in permanent scarring;
- Puncture wounds caused by the dog’s teeth;
- Crushing injuries due to the force of their body or jaws;
- Torn flesh and damage to muscles, nerves, and tendons;
- Broken bones and soft tissue injuries suffered while fending off an attack;
- Diseases such as rabies or tetanus due to bacteria found in the dog’s saliva.
What Are My Rights In Filing A Claim For Dog Bite Injuries In Glendale?
In addition to physical injuries victims suffer, dog bites in Glendale can cause lasting trauma. Symptoms often include depression, anxiety, sleep disturbances, and increased isolation from family and friends. For people suffering these and other impacts as a result of dog bites, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers is dedicated to making dog owners pay. Under the Glendale Municipal Code, a ‘vicious dog’ is one who bites or attempts to bite a human or shows a propensity for such an attack. While a history of aggressive behavior is a requirement to file a dog bite claim in some states, this is not the case in California, Regardless of the whether the dog is deemed vicious or was an otherwise docile family pet, the owner can still be held accountable in the following situations:
- When they fail to leash and control the dog in public places;
- When they allow a dog to roam freely in neighborhoods or apartment complexes;
- When they fail to properly protect those from dogs in their home;
- When they fail to warn others that a dangerous dog is on the premises.
Depending on the situation, you have a right to seek compensation through the dog owner’s property insurance. You also have the right to file a lawsuit against the owner over dog bite injuries you suffer through the Los Angeles County Civil Court.
How Much Am I Entitled To In A Dog Bite Injury Claim?
Dog bite injuries can have major impacts on your health and well-being, both now and in the years to come. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team is dedicated to getting you the maximum amount you need to recover. We thoroughly investigate your case, gathering evidence and aggressively negotiating with insurers on your behalf. If insurance is not available or a reasonable settlement cannot be reached, our Glendale dog bite attorneys will not hesitate to take the dog owner to court. The exact amount you are entitled to will depend on the severity of your injuries and the circumstances surrounding your case. Under the California Code, compensation may include:
- Economic damages: These cover tangible costs, such as your current and future medical expenses and lost wages;
- Non-economic damages: These cover intangible costs, such as the pain and suffering caused by your dog bite or attack. These also compensate you for scarring, disfigurement, and any loss of enjoyment in life you experience as a result.
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount the judge may order in cases where the dog owner acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner.
Reach Out and Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Schedule A Free Consultation Today
While you focus on recovering from dog bite injuries, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, LLC. focus on getting you the compensation you deserve. To schedule a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Glendale dog bite attorneys online today.