Alhambra Bus Accident Attorneys
Alhambra Bus Accident Attorneys
Many residents of Alhambra rely on bus service for their work commute or to run errands and most consider it at least somewhat safer than driving. Unfortunately, bus accidents do occur on a regular basis. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help victims in these cases get the compensation they are entitled to in a claim. Our Alhambra bus accident attorneys act as a strong legal ally on your side when a crash or on board mishap leaves you with serious injuries. Check out our top case results to see settlements and jury awards we have obtained for clients in similar situations. To discuss how we can help you, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today and request a free consultation.
Our Alhambra Bus Accident Attorneys Help You Get The Compensation You Need To Recover
For residents of our area, Alhambra Community Transit (ACT) and Metrolink offer a convenient and cost-effective way to get where you want to go. However, it is important to be aware of the potential risks when it comes to bus accidents. While major crashes tend to make headlines, other types of accidents occur regularly and leave passengers suffering serious injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are dedicated to helping victims get the compensation they need to recover. Our experienced Alhambra bus accident attorneys provide the trusted guidance and professional legal representation clients need in the following types of cases:
- Bus accidents that happen during transport, which often involve collisions with other motorists;
- Pedestrian bus accidents, which can happen at bus stops or stations;
- Slip and fall bus accidents, which can happen during boarding or when getting off the bus;
- Onboard accidents, which may involve getting struck by objects, getting into altercations with other passengers, or being jolted from your seat when the bus stops suddenly or goes around curves.
How Do Bus Accidents Happen?
While residents of Alhambra tend to be well aware of the risks associated with driving a car, few riders know the dangers they face when relying on buses for transportation. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), more than 70,000 bus accidents happen throughout the country each year. When you compare actual vehicle miles traveled, the chances of being involved in this type of crash are considerable. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help you get the compensation you are entitled to when bus accident injuries occur. Common causes of bus accidents in Alhambra include:
- Reckless behavior on the part of the driver: Actions on the part of the bus driver, such as speeding, going too fast for conditions, tailgating other drivers, and being distracted or under the influence can all put riders at risk.
- Lack of experience: Driving a bus requires a great deal of skill. When companies fail to vet drivers or provide the proper training, bus accidents are more likely to happen.
- Lack of proper bus maintenance: Failure to provide routine maintenance or to check tire pressure, brake systems, and fluid levels can result in malfunctions that contribute to bus accidents.
- Negligent bus company policies: Over scheduling drivers, overly demanding schedules, and failing to provide proper breaks can all increase passenger risks.
How Can I Get Compensation For Injuries Suffered In A Bus Accident?
When bus accidents happen, injuries passengers suffer tend to be severe. Due to crowded conditions and a lack of seat belts, even minor mishaps can result in broken bones and serious back, neck, or head injuries. When these types of injuries impact you or a loved one, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers provides the aggressive legal representation you need. Bus companies have teams of attorneys on their side, defending them against passenger claims. Get our legal team fighting on yours. We negotiate with bus company executives and their insurers, helping you get the maximum amount you are entitled to for the injuries you suffer. In the event a reasonable settlement cannot be reached, our Alhambra bus accident attorneys will not hesitate to take your case to court. Under the California Statutes, damages you may be entitled to include:
- Economic damages: These cover actual costs associated with your bus accident, such as current and future medical expenses, lost wages, and future losses in income or earnings due to ongoing disabilities.
- Non-economic damages: These cover intangible costs, such as the pain or suffering you experience as a result of a bus accident and the loss of enjoyment in life your injuries cause.
- Punitive damages: These are additional amounts that may be ordered by the court in cases where the driver or the bus company engaged in particularly negligent conduct.
To Schedule A Free Consultation, Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today
Bus accidents can impact your health and financial security for years into the future. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. we help you get the maximum amount you are entitled to in your claim. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Alhambra bus accident attorneys online to schedule a free consultation today.