Alhambra Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Alhambra Truck Accident Attorneys
Interstate 10 runs right through Alhambra and is one of the busiest cross country roads in the U.S. Adding in our close proximity to Los Angeles and other major highways in the area, residents here regularly encounter tractor-trailers, 18 wheelers, and other big rigs on the road. As a result, truck accidents are common. When they happen, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. provides the aggressive legal representation you need.
As experienced Alhambra truck accident attorneys, we protect your rights when dealing with trucking companies and their insurers, helping you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. Our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars for clients in truck accident cases. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation to discuss how we can help you today.
Causes Of Truck Accidents In Cases Our Alhambra Truck Accident Attorneys Represent
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) reports that California has one of the highest rates for truck accidents in the country, with residents of Alhambra at an increased risk. When truck crashes and collisions occur, it is generally other motorists involved who suffer the most severe injuries. Uncovering the causes and determining who is ultimately to blame is crucial in getting the compensation you need to recover.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we thoroughly investigate all aspects of your case so that those responsible can be held accountable. Based on our decades worth of experience as Alhambra truck accident attorneys, the most common causes of truck accidents include:
- Reckless driving, such as when drivers engage in speeding, distracted driving, and other dangerous behaviors behind the wheel;
- Improper loading practices, which throw the truck trailer off balance, increasing accident risks;
- Mechanical issues, such as tire blowouts, brake failure, and other problems which can cause the driver to lose control of the truck;
- Trucking company policies, such as not properly vetting drivers, not providing adequate training, and demanding overly heavy schedules, all of which make truck accidents more likely to happen;
- Truck manufacturers and parts suppliers, who are responsible for defects and design errors that contribute to truck crashes.
What Are The Most Common Types Of Truck Accidents?
According to crash reports from the National Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), more than 400 truck accidents happen each year throughout the state. As many as 40 people are killed in these crashes in the Los Angeles County area alone while hundreds of others suffer serious injuries.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Alhambra truck accident attorneys represent victims in these cases, helping them get the compensation they are entitled to. Common types of truck accidents we handle include:
- Rear-end collisions, which are the most common type of truck accident;
- Sideswipe truck accidents, which often occur when truckers attempt to pass others on highways;
- T-bone accidents, which often occur at intersections, when a truck hits directly into the side of another vehicle;
- Head-on collisions, which is one of the deadliest types of truck accidents;
- Underride crashes, which is when a motorist hits a truck from behind and goes under the trailer;
- Rollover accidents, which is when a truck flips onto its side;
- Jackknife accidents, which is when the truck trailer rides up alongside the cab at a 90-degree angle, generally in response to the driver slamming on their brakes.
What Should I Do After A Truck Accident?
In any type of truck accident, there is the potential for major pile-ups involving multiple drivers. To protect your rights to compensation, our legal team recommends taking the following steps:
- Notify law enforcement immediately;
- Get the name of the truck driver, the company they work for, and the contact information for any other drivers involved;
- Obtain a copy of the accident report;
- Seek medical attention right away, regardless of the severity of your injuries or whether you are suffering any symptoms.
In the aftermath of a truck accident, it can take days, weeks, or even months to uncover the full extent of your injuries or the impact they are likely to have on your life. It is important to follow all of your doctor’s instructions regarding activity restrictions and follow-up care. Not doing so could jeopardize your rights in a claim.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Free Consultation Today
Talking to an experienced attorney is one of the most important steps you can take after a truck accident. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, LLC., we protect your rights when dealing with trucking companies and their insurers, helping you get the maximum amount you need to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and other costs you are likely to incur, both now and in the years to come.
Trucking companies have teams of attorneys fighting to protect them against claims. Get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on your side. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Alhambra truck accident attorneys online to request a free consultation today.